Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cctv home install

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

600tvl cameras not great. HD 1080p is the output of the DVR not the cameras.
    After that there's not much information to go on.
    With kits like these you get what you pay for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

any recommendations for hardware and info?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You would get much better quality & value for money dealing with suppliers over here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055956748

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Chaos Marine

There are three types of system. Purely analogue which are TVL or television line based, hybrid systems which use the same cables as the analogue systems use but give you 720p quality picture. These are good if you're looking for an inexpensive upgrade in which you don't have to replace the cables. The best you can get on the comercial market without bankrupting yourself are NVR systems which use Cat5/6 cables from the NVR to the camera. You can get them with 1080p quality cameras easily enough. They are expensive but these are what you're going to want if you want to future proof yourself. In a few years I'd honestly see 4K cameras become affordable if not relatively cheap compared to systems that will cost you a few thousand. I was at Maplins yesterday and they're doing a 20% back thing from a CCTV brand called Swann. They're expensive mind but if they're giving 20% back, that's not entirely bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Gheorge

phobia2011 wrote: »

If you want to install a CCTV,I will advise to purchase IP cameras, have better quality and can be accessed even when you are in holiday outside Ireland. So my advise is IP cameras. Min 2 megapixel.

• Advertisement

phobia2011 wrote: »

If you want to install a CCTV,I will advise to purchase IP cameras, have better quality and can be accessed even when you are in holiday outside Ireland. So my advise is IP cameras. Min 2 megapixel. An IP cam. is aprox 60 euro, NVR -aprox 50 euro, here depends how many camera you would like to install, a hard drive, preferable bigger the better, and Cat 5e or 6 cable solid coper. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Chaos Marine

An NVR for 50 euros? Can you link me where you got that price? That's absolutely nothing for an NVR. How many input channels does it have? Does it come with a HDD?

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭arthur daly

That's pretty reasonable considering any systems under 4/500 will all be the same,lashed out in China cheap.
    Iv seen them in operation for a few years with no complaints.
    Throw another 100e on your budjet and get higher quality cameras. And higher spec dvr some come with the option of viewing from phone.
    Fir keeping a eye on the house it should be a good option

An NVR for 50 euros? Can you link me where you got that price? That's absolutely nothing for an NVR. How many input channels does it have? Does it come with a HDD?

The NVR for around 50 euro comes with 8 channels, NVR 30 euro comes with 4 channels.
    search for sunsky-online

The NVR for around 50 euro comes with 8 channels, NVR 30 euro comes with 4 channels.
    search for sunsky-online

No, HDD is not installed. I have both and are very good, no issues until now,sis month passed in continue work.

• Advertisement
Advertisement