Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing from China - is it still profitable

Options
  • 17-09-2015 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi everyone

Seeking to start up a part time online business selling items from China on EBay / Amazon etc. Cannot find a product that gives a good margin.

Question is, is importing from China on this small scale still profitable. Whenever I research online shops they are making profit (circa 50cents) by selling multiple items and the volume they are selling items at makes it worthwhile.

Very keen to dip my foot it and start this but profits not there from what I can see

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,571 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Davey Mc wrote: »
    Hi everyone

Seeking to start up a part time online business selling items from China on EBay / Amazon etc. Cannot find a product that gives a good margin.

Question is, is importing from China on this small scale still profitable. Whenever I research online shops they are making profit (circa 50cents) by selling multiple items and the volume they are selling items at makes it worthwhile.

Very keen to dip my foot it and start this but profits not there from what I can see

Thanks

I looked into the whole selling on e-bay thing and decided for the average guy it isnt profitable..

Handling and selling physical goods from Ireland isnt practical due to customs charges coming in and shipping charges out..

Dropshipping is one option but I found that regardless of what they say most dropshipping companies also dell themselves on ebay, so you end up competing with your supplier !!.

If you were able to ID something to bring in from China and resell at markets etc then maybe you could make some money..

Also, e-bay is a buyers market with a race to the bottom on price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Prepare to full every room in your house with product if you go down that route.

You'd be hard pressed to find a popular product that people can't buy themselves from aliexpress etc for a similar price to you with free shipping.

Advertisement