Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FM 2016- who are you starting with?

Options
  • 18-09-2015 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭

I haven't played FM since 2012 and im really mad for a game now. In the past I'd always go for a more random choice of team just for a laugh and something different. Playing with a team that was great in the past ( Parma, St Etienne) and trying to restore or with a team a nice bit of cash in a lesser league ( Zenit, Shakhtar).. So do you start a game with your usual team? random select?

And can anyone think of clubs apart from the obvious that are likely to have some decent cash resevers ( sugar daddy clubs) i remember seeing Neuchtal Xamax on one of these lists in a previous game ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,243 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I like throwing myself in at the deep end. Load up a load of leagues you know nothing about and start unemployed with Sunday League rep.

I ended up managing in Hong Kong last year when FM15 first came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Always start with my team, Chelsea, as it's easiest to get used to the new features of the game with a big team

Depending on my mood when I start a new one I could do anything

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Always start with Liverpool and tend to do a bit of a cull with players like Lucas/Allen.

The last Liverpool team had Sterling who's unreal in the game, so wont be as easy this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Thinking of going abroad for my first game - no preconceptions about players from the start, and learn the game while the years tick over and more regens appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Galway United. LOI is easy. Only be expected to fight relegation. Get used to any nuances then and experiment with features.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Celtic, sign a few players from english championship and Belgium, laugh my way into champions league QF :D:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Cork City every year without fail, ramp up about 5 seasons and move to mainland Europe with some random 3rd tier Spanish team that are located by a beach! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 71 ✭✭Mr Robot

My Team -Leeds :D

I still maintain it's been the best challenge since relegation in 04, trying to get them back to the summit

The best challenge in FM history in my opinion was in the 2008 version when Leeds had the -15 deduction

Think it was voted the most played save by FM fans

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

I'll probably start with Arsenal in the Beta version when it's released next week.

For the full version I think I want to try a 2nd or 3rd division side in Italy.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OkeyDoke12

Where is everyone ordering the beta from? I usually order from kinguin but not too sure whether they will have the beta

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I ordered from CDKeys last night and got the codes straight away, its ready to go now on steam, just waiting for SI to release the Beta.

Think it was about €38.19 or something fro the Beta, €31 for the normal version.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I ordered from CDKeys last night and got the codes straight away, its ready to go now on steam, just waiting for SI to release the Beta.

Think it was about €38.19 or something fro the Beta, €31 for the normal version.

Same here. Bought from them yesterday and received the key straight away. Big improvement over last year as they didn't send the keys to their customers until a day after the beta was released.

They do a 5% discount on their Facebook page which comes to about €36 with the beta.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Now we play the waiting game, Miles Jacobson said on twitter last night that theres no definitive time for the beta to go live but you'd imagine it will be sometime Friday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Hopefully it will be Friday or before. If I am not mistaken, last year they set a date for the beta but released it 2/3 days before the date.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

GavRedKing wrote: »

CDKeys is saying its €46.09 for me :(

Anyway, always start with United for the beta, try out some things. Heard there was a "Create a Club" feature this year though? Sounds fun :D

Started with Aston Villa, realised maybe Tim didnt have it so easy after all, lost my first 8 games before I got a win, Rotherdam knocked me out of the cup with Jordan Bowery scoring the winner :mad::mad:
    I have no money for signings so brought in Sam Johnstone from United and Adebayor on free, but hes unavailable for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

astonaidan wrote: »
    Started with Aston Villa, realised maybe Tim didnt have it so easy after all, lost my first 8 games before I got a win, Rotherdam knocked me out of the cup with Jordan Bowery scoring the winner :mad::mad:
    I have no money for signings so brought in Sam Johnstone from United and Adebayor on free, but hes unavailable for some reason

In real life I remember Adebayor can't play for anyone because he wasn't released until after the season began, and can't register for anyone because of this. Must be the same in fm

Not overly impressed with this fm, feels too similar to the last game for me

In real life I remember Adebayor can't play for anyone because he wasn't released until after the season began, and can't register for anyone because of this. Must be the same in fm

Not overly impressed with this fm, feels too similar to the last game for me

Yeah turns out that whats it was, came in for me in January and has scored 9 in 11. Machine

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

Started a game with liverool to get the feel of it, find the backroom advice before the game for tactical set up interesting.

But find the injuries are piling up already, long term ones too.

Started a game with liverool to get the feel of it, find the backroom advice before the game for tactical set up interesting.

But find the injuries are piling up already, long term ones too.

OMG the injuries are killing me, only seem to strike my inform players

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,130 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Deportivo for me. Already excited to get home to it from work.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 159 ✭✭Andrew Laeddis

Leeeeeeeeeeds

Started my career save with Lyon/Ireland, time to bring the good times back to them and then sell my soul to which ever big team wants me

• Registered Users Posts: 33,130 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Not even home yet and I've already decided on going for Sociedad instead instead of Deportivo simply so I can have a B team in a playable league that I can use for creating my next generation.

CSF wrote: »
    Not even home yet and I've already decided on going for Sociedad instead instead of Deportivo simply so I can have a B team in a playable league that I can use for creating my next generation.

Ha its literally my reasoning for using Portugal/Holland/Spain

• Registered Users Posts: 31,864 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I've found the Serie D database and loaded up Reggio Calabria. They were formerly known as Reggina Calico but they went bankrupt after avoiding relegation to Serie D and had to set up the club again. I was very successful with them in FM15 so I've decided to try and resurrect them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ldeane147

Started with Fulham, struggling to get goals but have a solid back four, garbutt struggling with fitness but sean kavanagh has been quality, parker is struggling to get a first team place with tom cairney and ben pringle in the middle of the park. Dembele has struggled woodrow is hitting form now. Sitting 4th after 22 games with 9wins 9draws and 4losses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Started with Dundalk to familiarise myself with the new changes, always easy to start LOI and get a feel for the game, qualified for the europa league Groups in second season oh and Richie Towell and Horgan are lil divas!!!

Liken the lil changes they made, have yet to try the full game mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

I got the game for Xmas and decided I'd try and bring back some of the glory days to Leeds from the late 90s and early 00s. I'm not too sure I'll every bring back the success they had under Revie,but here's hoping.

I'm halfway through the season and so far,so good. In the play-off spots,but frustratingly got knocked out on penalties in the 3rd of the League Cup. It's a game that has now take over my social life.

• Advertisement
Advertisement