Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your new name is stupid.

Options
  • 18-09-2015 12:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭

It just had to be said! Also did you make that logo with Microsoft paint? It looks horrendous.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

The name is okay, but sounds too much like 'air'.
    The logo is cool, I like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

It would be more in their line spending money on improving service or at least providing a service than spending 16million on the name change and all that goes with it as reported on the journal.ie  Eircom are refusing to install a line for me which is under 2KM from the exchange as the crow flies and houses further down the road than me have a line. They arrived unannounced two years ago to connect a line when no one was home and since then say its too far even though the engineer said he had all other necessary works done just to connect it inside the house. infuriating is not the word

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    It would be more in their line spending money on improving service or at least providing a service than spending 16million on the name change and all that goes with it as reported on the journal.ie  Eircom are refusing to install a line for me which is under 2KM from the exchange as the crow flies and houses further down the road than me have a line. They arrived unannounced two years ago to connect a line when no one was home and since then say its too far even though the engineer said he had all other necessary works done just to connect it inside the house. infuriating is not the word
    As long as the installation costs under €7,000 they are obliged to under the Universal Service Obligation.

Provision of access at a fixed location
    The USP must satisfy any reasonable request to provide connections to the public telephone network and access to publicly available telephone services. Also any connection provided by the USP must be capable of:
    • Local, national and international telephone calls
    • Facsimile (fax) communications
    • Data communications at data rates that are sufficient to permit functional internet access (the USP is currently required to adopt 28.8kbps as a reasonable minimum data rate)
    [*]
    The USP will be required to consider all requests for connections as reasonable if the expenditure involved in meeting the request is less than €7000 and the cost to the applicant shall not exceed the standard connection charge.
    Requests for connections which involve expenditure in excess of €7000 are to be considered reasonable if the applicant agrees to pay the standard connection charge plus incremental costs above €7000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I just got a letter from eir telling me all the great things they are doing. Efibre? That's a joke when all we can get is ultra slow landline broadband. 4G? Again, we can't even get a mobile signal near the house. They would have been better off spending the money on getting the basic service up to scratch first.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Ballycarton

Same boat here . We can't get e fibre broadband for love or money. Have ordinary ultra slow broadband too. Lucky to have it I suppose but a relation of mine who lives 2 miles away can't get a landline or broadband from Eir. Either. They really would have been better spending that 16 million improving their service. But I bet we will be paying higher charges for all this malarkey soon enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,507 ✭✭✭Tow

I wonder if they will be sued for stealing the name: http://www.eir.net/

eir600.jpg

208033_215473001812922_1817843_n.jpg?oh=7a352a74584db4aa260411ae825bda59&oe=56AB9D80

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

They've already refused to install a line as they say it'll cost 4000. A joke of a phone company is what they are

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

The ad is so cringeworthy

"We were eircom...and now.........we...are eir" as if it was cool lmao.

I'd love a glimpse at the boardroom of a company that would even just entertain such a stupid brand change, let alone actually implement it.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    They've already refused to install a line as they say it'll cost 4000. A joke of a phone company is what they are
    Tell COMREG. They'll install it quicksharp after that. 

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

ED E wrote: »

Would this actually work? I know someone who's experienced similar, they said to get a phone line installed they'd have to pay >€2k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

ED E wrote: »

Would this actually work? I know someone who's experienced similar, they said to get a phone line installed they'd have to pay >€2k
    As long as the cost comes in at under €7k 

Advertisement