Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diagonal reveal with css or JS or both!?

Options
  • 18-09-2015 1:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has come across a way to do a reveal diagonally?

2 images fixed, full screen on a different z-index.

If they were relative, when you scroll the top image would reveal the bottom one, with no parallax effect - simples.

This is the desired animation... However, is it possible to do this diagonally, not vertically? I can do it horizontally if i want, just animate width to 0%. But animating diagonally is a different ballgame altogether.

I've tried a div, with an inner div skewed / rotated and positioned absolute, and a BG image on a div inside the inner div that is fixed and skewed the other way etc... no joy.

Any ideas welcome. First time in years I've been stumped on something like this as it needs to be compatible with ie9.

Am I missing something really obvious here?

Comments

Advertisement