Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying new bass, need advice

• 18-09-2015 1:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭

Hey guys. I would just like to have advice regarding authenticity of the bass I have my eyes on. I am not doubting or anything, just wanted to make sure what it is I am actually buying and also its worth :) . Below are a few pictures from the ad that I'm looking at. To my understanding, it is an Fender American Standard Jazz bass but extra special due to the 60th Anniversary thing. Anyway, please do let me know if there anything I should know about this bass. Thank you very much :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭LeakingLava

More pictures

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Fender should be able to confirm the authenticity.

What exactly do you mean by that? I should contact them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Don't pay a premium for it. Fender always put out these anniversary guitars, which are rarely substantially different from the standard models they are based on, except perhaps a sticker, neck plate or decal.

The amount of people who try to make out that a completely mundane instrument is special because of a sticker on the headstock pains me.

Ravelleman wrote: »
    Don't pay a premium for it. Fender always put out these anniversary guitars, which are rarely substantially different from the standard models they are based on, except perhaps a sticker, neck plate or decal.

The amount of people who try to make out that a completely mundane instrument is special because of a sticker on the headstock pains me.

well our agreed price for it is around the same price for the other american standards on adverts. It is 50 euro more than an asking price for an american standard that I saw. I don't mind paying the 50 over as long as the item is genuine :) Thanks a lot though

• Advertisement

I think pretty much every instrument made in that year (2006?) had the 60th anniversary stamp on it. The later 50th anniversary (of the Jazz bass itself) is much nicer IMO.

Dord wrote: »
    I think pretty much every instrument made in that year (2006?) had the 60th anniversary stamp on it. The later 50th anniversary (of the Jazz bass itself) is much nicer IMO.

Well I was only looking to buy an american standard anyway as this is my first bass so wasn't looking on anything 'special' at all, just an american standard jazz. So the 60th anniversary thing was just a little bonus.

I have actually bought it earlier today and I really think that it's the real thing and that's all that's important to me. It's a lovely thing to play. I'm amazed.

Thank you all for your time :D

Glad to hear it's a good one! :)

Glad to hear it's a good one! :)

Oh yeah. It really is amazing. All the bits and pieces are here as well which is why I am believing that it's genuine. The 'genuine' tag with the serial number written on the back..All the manual, stickers, tool thing, and even the cloth was there unused. Even the actual jack wire that came with it was there. I'm really happy about the purchase.

The guy I bought from was really helpful too. :)

Hey guys. I'm just wondering, does anyone have any other historic info regarding the 60th anniversary jazz bass? Like, how many of them were made, etc. It's probably the only one thing wiki doesnt have any info on :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Email Fender. Their customer service department might well give you the information.

Hey guys. I'm just wondering, does anyone have any other historic info regarding the 60th anniversary jazz bass? Like, how many of them were made, etc. It's probably the only one thing wiki doesnt have any info on :confused:

The 60th Anniversary Jazz Bass doesn't exist (yet). It's not been around for 60 years yet! What you have is a Jazz Bass that was produced in the 60th anniversary year of Fender. So, there would have been a sh!t load!

The 60th Anniversary Jazz Bass doesn't exist (yet). It's not been around for 60 years yet! What you have is a Jazz Bass that was produced in the 60th anniversary year of Fender. So, there would have been a sh!t load!

Yeah. I meant the 'Fender 60th Anniversary' Jazz bass. :P

Got an email response and they don't have much info either. Lel. They only had the technical info of the bass. Not much else.

Advertisement