Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Administrative Officer 2015 open competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Thisisit90

Cakerbaker wrote: »
    They called 115 first. I'm not sure how many were put in that panel but they obviously exhausted it as they then called another 50 which included me. I was number 20 on the second panel and was appointed. Not sure how many others were appointed.

Did they call 115 or 15 first?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

They called 115 first after the aptitude tests. Then when they appointed everyone off the panel they created from the 115 they still had vacancies so called another 50. I don't know how many were on the first panel after the 115 were interviewed.

Edit: just to add, the numbers appointed from last years competition wouldn't really give any indication of the numbers that may be appointed from this years one as it will just depend on the number of AO vacancies different departments have now and that come up during the year that the panel is valid for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Emmal14

Cakerbaker wrote: »
    They called 115 first after the aptitude tests. Then when they appointed everyone off the panel they created from the 115 they still had vacancies so called another 50. I don't know how many were on the first panel after the 115 were interviewed.

Edit: just to add, the numbers appointed from last years competition wouldn't really give any indication of the numbers that may be appointed from this years one as it will just depend on the number of AO vacancies different departments have now and that come up during the year that the panel is valid for.

Oh absolutely! No just curious to hear how it progressed! Thanks for sharing!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

The other point is the unprecedented number of people who turned down offers- this alone accounted for how fast they flew through the first cohort on the panel (and how they're now calling the 3rd batch).

The other point is the unprecedented number of people who turned down offers- this alone accounted for how fast they flew through the first cohort on the panel (and how they're now calling the 3rd batch).

3rd batch? Are you referring to the current panel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 northernline

Is anyone else beginning to lose patience / sleep / hair over the lack of info?

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Veledan22

Yes, the lack of communication is a bit frustrating. I wouldn't even have known that that they had started making offers to people if I hadn't read about it here.

Is anyone else beginning to lose patience / sleep / hair over the lack of info?

100%!!! I would say PAS look at my emails and say jesus this one again

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Thisisit90

Does anyone know if all the jobs are dublin based?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Thisisit90 wrote: »

Short answer: I don't know.

That's just for this competition though.

Long answer:
    - not all AOs work in Dublin
    - AO jobs outside Dublin might or might not be part of this competition
    - AO can apply for transfers to jobs outside Dublin
    - Depending on where and what job, transfers for AOs outside Dublin might or might not be under heavy demand

I'd say best chance would be to give em a quick ring. They probably don't get a straight forward question like this often and I'd say it probably won't be annoying to talk to you about it and I'd say they would. They are usually very friendly people in publicjobs.

• Advertisement

Thisisit90 wrote: »

I know that I read somewhere originally that most of the jobs were in the greater dublin area!

Has anyone heard of someone outside of the top 30 on the panel being made an offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭:Keith:

Veledan22 wrote: »
    Has anyone heard of someone outside of the top 30 on the panel being made an offer?

I'm in the high 30s and haven't heard anything yet if that's any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭trebormax

:Keith: wrote: »
    I'm in the high 30s and haven't heard anything yet if that's any help.

Helps for info, not so much for confidence haha.

Another week, another nail-biting wait for updates :)

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭:Keith:

Just received an email that I'm under consideration for a position in the Department of the Taoiseach. So close to the 40s now.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Omnishambles99

Just received an email that I'm under consideration for a position in the Department of the Taoiseach. So close to the 40s now.

Fair play , arguably one of the best depts to get into congrats !!

Congratulations! That is fantastic!

Congratulations :)

Congrats! That's great news!

God i need info! My boss is driving me nuts so severely impatient right now

• Advertisement

Emmal14 wrote: »
    God i need info! My boss is driving me nuts so severely impatient right now

Yeah the wait is horrible. Especially since we don't have the final number.

trebormax wrote: »
    Yeah the wait is horrible. Especially since we don't have the final number.

Completely agreed!

Congratulations to all those now under consideration for positions!

I'm a first-timer to civil service competitions, could anyone tell me the process once this happens?

Congratulations to all those now under consideration for positions!

I'm a first-timer to civil service competitions, could anyone tell me the process once this happens?

Welcome to the party :)

Do you mean entire process, or just the selection once you are on the panel?

Welcome to the party :)

Do you mean entire process, or just the selection once you are on the panel?

The selection once on the panel!

Great question northernline I too as a non civil servant am curious!

The selection once on the panel!

From my experience (experience only..), PAS will move down the order of merit as each department/office requests a candidate. Could be one or two, or could be bulk for new or expanding departments as we hope this year.

The exception is where a department requests a specific skill or qualification. Then they may skip the queue so to speak to find a good match.

If PAS reach your number in the lifetime of the panel (12 months) they will contact you to say what department it is and advise on what you need to do for final clearance etc. This would usually be your current employer as a reference and providing any other info required. They may also double check info like if anything came up on the garda clearance etc.

If everything checks out you should receive a formal offer from the department who asked for you, at least that's what happened last time. At this point you can accept and sing "waaayo im an AO"

So far what we know is that they seem to be at or around the 40 mark as of earlier this week, and that a few departments have active, with policing authority being mentioned most that I've heard.

Edit; I hear they read boards too so be nice everyone :)

If everything checks out you should receive a formal offer from the department who asked for you, at least that's what happened last time. At this point you can accept and sing "waaayo im an AO"

So far what we know is that they seem to be at or around the 40 mark as of earlier this week, and that a few departments have active, with policing authority being mentioned most that I've heard.

Edit; I hear they read boards too so be nice everyone :)

Thanks so much for the info! In your experience how long did clearance take? As per an email I got from PAS yesterday they are calling people in the 40's. So fingers crossed for everyone!

Thanks Emmal14 and trebormax, you're absolute ledges for sharing your experience / info!

• Advertisement

Thanks Emmal14 and trebormax, you're absolute ledges for sharing your experience / info!

We should all share info it's only beneficial! Like it's not as if we are competing against each other! This thread has helped me hugely.

Advertisement