Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Administrative Officer 2015 open competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 northernline

Emmal14 wrote: »
    We should all share info it's only beneficial! Like it's not as if we are competing against each other! This thread has helped me hugely.

Plus some people seem to be much better at extracting information from the PAS than I am!

I called on Friday and they said that they'll probably be getting in touch with me this coming week!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭trebormax

I called on Friday and they said that they'll probably be getting in touch with me this coming week!

Ah that's brilliant. Plus you can fill us in on what happens haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Emmal14

Thst's fantastic! Do you mind me asking what number you are?

Thst's fantastic! Do you mind me asking what number you are?

I'm in the 40s, so they're working their way down the panel pretty quickly!

• Advertisement

I'm in the 40s, so they're working their way down the panel pretty quickly!

Fair play! Great news for you! I have a long wait ahead so at 103. That is even if I get called! Really wish i had been able to prep properly for the interview and that it wasn't so different from a private sector one! That's where I fell down! Desperately trying to keep my head in my current job but it's tough!

Fair play! Great news for you! I have a long wait ahead so at 103. That is even if I get called! Really wish i had been able to prep properly for the interview and that it wasn't so different from a private sector one! That's where I fell down! Desperately trying to keep my head in my current job but it's tough!

106 here, hi5. Maybe we will be in the same department if they get that far haha.

Its tough keeping focus alright.

trebormax wrote: »
    106 here, hi5. Maybe we will be in the same department if they get that far haha.

Its tough keeping focus alright.

Hi5 back at ya! Ye that could possibly happen alright!

Got an email yesterday, being considered for Public Expenditure and Reform!

Congrats Northernline that is fantastic. Whats your next step?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Veledan22

Congratulations :)

Congrats! That's a nice department to be in, the reform aspect means you really do get to learn a lot. Nice place to be an AO :D

Congrats! That's a nice department to be in, the reform aspect means you really do get to learn a lot. Nice place to be an AO :D

So just another 70 or so to go before they get near me ;)

Veledan22 wrote: »
    So just another 70 or so to go before they get near me ;)

Don't worry your not alone another 60 or so for me!

Don't worry your not alone another 60 or so for me!

Hopefully they will have enough places for all of us :) at least they seem to making it through the panel pretty quickly.

Latest I heard is that PAS are on or about #60 on the panel as of today, but again while generally reliable, this is 2nd hand info so to be taken with a pinch of salt

Latest I heard is that PAS are on or about #60 on the panel as of today, but again while generally reliable, this is 2nd hand info so to be taken with a pinch of salt

That is a big jump. Fingers crossed it is correct! That would be fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 31 TCO

I emailed PAS and asked. They got back to me just this minute and advised they are currently in the 50s.

Looks like that pinch of salt was advisable.

Still, any movement is good movement.

Hopefully the pace continues!

• Advertisement

Hopefully the pace continues!

More concerned with overall total for now haha.

More concerned with overall total for now haha.

Well yes that too lol!

So... Does anyone know how the process works after you've been told you're being considered for a position? I'm pretty in the dark.

So... Does anyone know how the process works after you've been told you're being considered for a position? I'm pretty in the dark.

Good question! I wouldn't mind knowing!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭SJ.

If everything checks out, they pass your information on to the relevant Department, who will then make contact, probably in writing. They'll invite you to get in touch - return a form - and take it from there. They're normally very reasonable about start dates.

There's now a formal training course, delivered partly internally and partly externally, over about a year. It's with AOs from all Departments - they ran three tranches with last year's panel, so I expect they'll do the same with this year's.

Brochure:
    http://www.publicjobs.ie/publicjobs/publication/document/CS_Graduate_Programme_Brochure_2015.pdf

SJ. wrote: »
    If everything checks out, they pass your information on to the relevant Department, who will then make contact, probably in writing. They'll invite you to get in touch - return a form - and take it from there. They're normally very reasonable about start dates.

There's now a formal training course, delivered partly internally and partly externally, over about a year. It's with AOs from all Departments - they ran three tranches with last year's panel, so I expect they'll do the same with this year's.

Brochure:
    http://www.publicjobs.ie/publicjobs/publication/document/CS_Graduate_Programme_Brochure_2015.pdf

Thanks a million this was fantastic!!

SJ. wrote: »

Thanks so much! Does this mean that they also try to do tranches for start date? I am currently "in clearance" so eagerly awaiting any further news (i.e. emailing PAS 5 times a day (sorry guys) and running like a puppy to the letter box each morning).

Just got a reply from PAS, they are in the mid 50s with the panel now.

Fingers crossed it keeps going at this pace!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭SJ.

Thanks so much! Does this mean that they also try to do tranches for start date? I am currently "in clearance" so eagerly awaiting any further news (i.e. emailing PAS 5 times a day (sorry guys) and running like a puppy to the letter box each morning).

Within Departments/Agencies, if they're taking multiple AOs, they try to co-ordinate, so people aren't starting alone, but some places are only taking 1/2 so there's no universal rule.

Advertisement