Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Administrative Officer 2015 open competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭trebormax

I know 2 people fairly high on the list (top 25) who have gone through clearance already, but don't have start dates etc yet.

I wonder if they are holding off until the clearance list is big enough to justify the training?

Anyone who has gone through clearance, did PAS give any indication during contact of whether they were waiting on something like the above?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Emmal14

According to PAS they still in the 50's. I hope the speed isn't slowing down!

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Veledan22

Emmal14 wrote: »
    According to PAS they still in the 50's. I hope the speed isn't slowing down!

:( Yeah, hopefully it's just a minor blip and things will pick up during the week.

Veledan22 wrote: »
    :( Yeah, hopefully it's just a minor blip and things will pick up during the week.

Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 connmel

I got an under consideration email yesterday - I'm in the early 80's.

• Advertisement

connmel wrote: »

Congrats! Somewhere nice?

Wow I hope you are not kidding cos this just made my week.

Edit: apologies if the somewhere nice question came across as rude. I got excited..

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Holysock

Wow congrats, that's great news :D

Thanks to everyone for posting when they get contacted and their number, this thread is the only thing keeping me from spamming PAS with emails every day!

Fantastic Connmel! Can I ask where you are under consideration for?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭roe_cat

Got an email today - under consideration for Department of Children and Youth Affairs. I'm in the high 60s. Wondering if maybe they're doing some kind of matching qualifications given that someone in the 80s got contacted before me?

trebormax wrote: »
    Congrats! Somewhere nice?

Wow I hope you are not kidding cos this just made my week.

Edit: apologies if the somewhere nice question came across as rude. I got excited..

Public Expenditure and Reform. TBH I don't think I'm going to accept it. I've finally got a long awaited transfer to Kildare at EO, after 10 years of commuting and I'm due to start on 29 Feb. The extra hours at home with my kids are worth more to me than the promotion. But its a hard decision to make...

• Advertisement

Public Expenditure and Reform. TBH I don't think I'm going to accept it. I've finally got a long awaited transfer to Kildare at EO, after 10 years of commuting and I'm due to start on 29 Feb. The extra hours at home with my kids are worth more to me than the promotion. But its a hard decision to make...

PAS had said yesterday they were on the 50's I wonder are they looking for particular skills or experience. That is a tough call Connmel!

PAS had said yesterday they were on the 50's I wonder are they looking for particular skills or experience. That is a tough call Connmel!

Possibly - I have an accountancy and audit background so that may be why.

Possibly - I have an accountancy and audit background so that may be why.

That may be it ;-(˜­! Ah well!

That may be it ;-(˜­! Ah well!

But at least they are making more progress with it :) hopefully we'll all get emails on the next couple of weeks!

Well then double congratulations. That is a tough call, I hope it works out. Thanks so much for the info today.

I'd love to ask PAS but don't want to harass much past my usual weekly email

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Bobby04

I'd love to ask PAS but don't want to harass much past my usual weekly email

I can relate to that - I've been hounding them about the AP panel, and definitely feel they are getting less enthusiastic about giving a comprehensive answer!!

Bobby04 wrote: »
    I can relate to that - I've been hounding them about the AP panel, and definitely feel they are getting less enthusiastic about giving a comprehensive answer!!

I know, I think I would be going mad at this stage if it wasn't for all of the updates that people are posting here!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 TCO

PAS advised that they have reached the 70's today.

TCO wrote: »
    PAS advised that they have reached the 70's today.

Thanks TCO! Guys i think we all agree this thread is fantastic for keeping us all in the loop without driving poor PAS staff insane every 2 mins

• Advertisement

Thanks TCO! Guys i think we all agree this thread is fantastic for keeping us all in the loop without driving poor PAS staff insane every 2 mins

Agreed, its certainly been a positive help.

I do feel bad for PAS officers being asked the same thing over and over so this thread where we can thrash out some of our information has been great.

Agreed, its certainly been a positive help.

I do feel bad for PAS officers being asked the same thing over and over so this thread where we can thrash out some of our information has been great.

Yes, this thread stopped me from sending in several emails asking for an update :) and it's great to get some info on what the process is when you do get offered a position.

Lets hope the panel takes another jump today guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 northernline

I have lots of sympathy for the guys in the PAS who are handling my incessant queries, they've been absolutely fantastic, however the distribution of information out could be much better. I mean, if they're willing to answer individual questions in an email, why not just put it in a message for everyone on the PAS application message system?

I have lots of sympathy for the guys in the PAS who are handling my incessant queries, they've been absolutely fantastic, however the distribution of information out could be much better. I mean, if they're willing to answer individual questions in an email, why not just put it in a message for everyone on the PAS application message system?

If anyone gets PAS as AO.. take notes.. perhaps some kind of job counter :P

If anyone gets PAS as AO.. take notes.. perhaps some kind of job counter :P

They would save themselves so much time and effort if they just sent candidates out an automated weekly update on where they were with the panel. :)

Anybody get an update today?

Just spoke to the lovely Louise in PAS they are in the late 70's right now.

Just spoke to the lovely Louise in PAS they are in the late 70's right now.

Excellent! Getting there!

• Advertisement

Excellent! Getting there!

Yes, they have made a lot of progress with it this week! Just need another 40 or so ;)

Advertisement