Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Administrative Officer 2015 open competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭trebormax

Veledan22 wrote: »
    Yes, they have made a lot of progress with it this week! Just need another 40 or so ;)

I would be so so happy if they maxed out the Panel. C'mon departments and offices! Request AOs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Emmal14

trebormax wrote: »
    I would be so so happy if they maxed out the Panel. C'mon departments and offices! Request AOs!

Absolutely it would be great wouldn't it!! Be nice to be in for the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Veledan22

I know, I'm really hoping that between the freeze on hiring and the fact that there is an election in a month, they will take all of us ;)

I know, I'm really hoping that between the freeze on hiring and the fact that there is an election in a month, they will take all of us ;)

I didn't even think of it that way! Good point!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 TheWesternman

Hi guys, I was top 20 so I thought I'd give ye my experience. Once I was contacted by PAS to let me know I was under consideration, it took my agency/department around two weeks to get on to me with an offer (Maybe it was 15/16/17 days, but in around that timeframe) They rang me in the morning and offered me the job and asked when I could start. The next day I got the contracts in the post.

They were great regarding my start date, I initially selected one date, quickly realized that didn't suit, then rang them back and requested another start date. They said it was no bother.

I know it can be very frustrating waiting around for an email or a call but hang in there everyone.

• Advertisement

Hi guys, I was top 20 so I thought I'd give ye my experience. Once I was contacted by PAS to let me know I was under consideration, it took my agency/department around two weeks to get on to me with an offer (Maybe it was 15/16/17 days, but in around that timeframe) They rang me in the morning and offered me the job and asked when I could start. The next day I got the contracts in the post.

They were great regarding my start date, I initially selected one date, quickly realized that didn't suit, then rang them back and requested another start date. They said it was no bother.

I know it can be very frustrating waiting around for an email or a call but hang in there everyone.

Thanks so much for sharing! Its great to know the process! And importantly timeframes!

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Kournikova

Thanks for the post, in terms of start dates how long was It from the point of your offer till you started and what was the earliest/latest dates they offered you?

Got an email today saying I'm under consideration however I'm kinda in two minds only cause I've another pending application which if successful might suit me better but likely pays a lot less.

Kournikova wrote: »
    Thanks for the post, in terms of start dates how long was It from the point of your offer till you started and what was the earliest/latest dates they offered you?

Got an email today saying I'm under consideration however I'm kinda in two minds only cause I've another pending application which if successful might suit me better but likely pays a lot less.

Hi kournikova thats great well done! What department and what number do you mind me asking? Is the other application a private sector post?

Another win! :D Congrats.

Just got an update from Pas, they are in the late 70s/ early 80s with the panel.

• Advertisement

Just got an update from Pas, they are in the late 70s/ early 80s with the panel.

Excellent! Its still moving so

• Registered Users Posts: 2 TheWesternman

When I received the call (about two weeks after receiving the initial email) they asked if I could start on the 8th of this month, which I think was two weeks notice. I said I could start then, but then I requested to set it back to the end of this month which wasn't a problem.

Good luck with your decision.

Cheers for the info. They seem to be rolling through really quickly now. Need about 26 more for myself :)

Cheers for the info. They seem to be rolling through really quickly now. Need about 26 more for myself :)

I think poor Louise at Pas is going to need a holiday by the time this is over!

Yes, they have made a lot of progress this week. Hopefully the pace will continue next week because I need a bit more than 26 to get me over the line ;)

Does anyone know how many people are on the panel?

I think poor Louise at Pas is going to need a holiday by the time this is over!

Yes, they have made a lot of progress this week. Hopefully the pace will continue next week because I need a bit more than 26 to get me over the line ;)

Does anyone know how many people are on the panel?

Officially no, but our best guess is around 140 as we haven't heard any higher than that. If you are higher than 140, congrats, you are our new record holder.

Yeah poor Louise, I've sent a few myself.

Officially no, but our best guess is around 140 as we haven't heard any higher than that. If you are higher than 140, congrats, you are our new record holder.

Yeah poor Louise, I've sent a few myself.

No, I need around another 40 to get me there so fingers crossed that they keep flying ahead at the same speed next week. :)

No, I need around another 40 to get me there so fingers crossed that they keep flying ahead at the same speed next week. :)

Starting to dread weekends because no updates can happen then. That's not right :P

• Registered Users Posts: 31 TCO

Oooh exciting I'm mid 80s! Nothing heard yet.

Starting to dread weekends because no updates can happen then. That's not right :P

I know, it's terrible! Hopefully someone will post another update later today to keep us going ;)

TCO wrote: »

Best of luck :)

• Advertisement

Only need 23 or so myself! Wonder if we'll start together lucy

Emmal14 wrote: »
    Only need 23 or so myself! Wonder if we'll start together lucy!

We may well do.

Regards,
    Not Lucy :)

We may well do.

Regards,
    Not Lucy :)

Haha meant to say luckily lol

I know, it's terrible! Hopefully someone will post another update later today to keep us going ;)

Completely agree! The updates are totally keeping me somewhat patient!

Fun thought; when we all...all of us... get into the role we will likely meet for the assigned training.

I bet we all recognise at least one other person from this thread by the incredibly stressed out yet relieved look on our faces.

Fun thought; when we all...all of us... get into the role we will likely meet for the assigned training.

I bet we all recognise at least one other person from this thread by the incredibly stressed out yet relieved look on our faces.

Haha! The f5 key on the computer has been worn out from the amount of times its being hit!

100%!!! Haha

Has anyone been chatting to Pas this afternoon?

TCO wrote: »

Hopefully you will hear something next week! If this pace continues like this it will be fantastic!

• Advertisement

Emmal14 wrote: »
    Hopefully you will hear something next week! If this pace continues like this it will be fantastic!

I don't think anyone was expecting them to go thru 40 this week.

Hopefully! I will post here the instant I hear :)

Advertisement