Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Administrative Officer 2015 open competition

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Emmal14

TCO wrote: »
    I don't think anyone was expecting them to go thru 40 this week.

Hopefully! I will post here the instant I hear :)

If this keeps up i won't see any of the payrise i negotiated in january cos i thought it could 6 months or so before i was called!!

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Kournikova

Emmal14 wrote: »
    Hi kournikova thats great well done! What department and what number do you mind me asking? Is the other application a private sector post?

70s and Finance, yep its private sector.

Kournikova wrote: »
    70s and Finance, yep its private sector.

Thanks for sharing! Finance department wow! Are you still having difficulty choosing between your 2 offers?

Well I'm waiting to hear form the private sector one as they're to get back to me this week.

Just wondering do you ever not get an offer after getting a "under consideration" email?? I may not even have two options to pick between lol

Kournikova wrote: »
    Well I'm waiting to hear form the private sector one as they're to get back to me this week.

Just wondering do you ever not get an offer after getting a "under consideration" email?? I may not even have two options to pick between lol

I'm sure once your garda vetting and qualification checks etc come back fine you have to be offered a position!

• Advertisement

Ok, yeah so if the private company don't get back to me or its bad news then I'll only have the one choice. Which might suit better cause I'm a horrendous decision maker.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Whizzgirl

Hi,

Someone asked how many are on the admin officer panel - just to let ye know I am in the 160s.

Panel seems to much bigger than i thought! Which is good! Also Kournikova you will defo have 2 options id say! You did quite well in the ao interview and i find private sector ones easy compared to that!

connmel wrote: »
    Possibly - I have an accountancy and audit background so that may be why.

How are you getting on with your decision Connmel?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Unless you're on a confined panel- the fact that you have accountancy, auditing, tax or any other background- is moot- you are on a level footing with a candidate with a Greek and Roman Civilisations- or an Old English degree.........

There are confined panels announced all the time- Revenue have had at least 3 since last July.

• Advertisement

Unless you're on a confined panel- the fact that you have accountancy, auditing, tax or any other background- is moot- you are on a level footing with a candidate with a Greek and Roman Civilisations- or an Old English degree.........

There are confined panels announced all the time- Revenue have had at least 3 since last July.

That's good to know

Anybody get any updates?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 TCO

Anybody get any updates?

Nothing yet...

TCO wrote: »
    Nothing yet...

I suppose it is pretty early monday morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭trebormax

We just need PAS to have their Weetabix and hammer through this week.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Veledan22

Exactly ;) if they could get through another 40 or 50 this week that would be amazing!

Even 20 would do me lol! This process is so alien to me as i am so used to the private sector!

Even 20 would do me lol! This process is so alien to me as i am so used to the private sector!

I need a little more than 20 ;) but hopefully we will all get some news this week.

Yes, not knowing how many positions are available and playing the waiting game is a very different experience to interviewing in the private sector!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 connmel

I'm not sure that's true The Conductor - at least according to someone on here who asked PAS about how the panel would work in relation to qualifications - and received the response below (apologies I can't remember who)

"As this was a open competition for general Administrative Officers, successful candidates can be placed in any department irrespective of their education except if the department requests someone with certain qualifications."

How are you getting on with your decision Connmel?

Hi Emma - I formally turned it down this morning. I was hoping I could stay on the panel for other locations but I've been told that is not possible.

• Advertisement

Hi Emma - I formally turned it down this morning. I was hoping I could stay on the panel for other locations but I've been told that is not possible.

Best of luck with the other role.

Aw no Connmel! Taking your kildare transfer?

Hi Connmel,

Really appreciate the information, I hope the other role works out well for you.

Aw no Connmel! Taking your kildare transfer?

Yes and I'm delighted really - as nice as the promotion would be a 10 drive to work is worth way more to me!!

Best of luck Connmel! Any updates guys?

Best of luck Connmel! Any updates guys?

No, I was on to them on Friday so kinda hesitant to get on to them again for a couple of days ;)

Veledan22 wrote: »
    No, I was on to them on Friday so kinda hesitant to get on to them again for a couple of days ;)

Yeah I'm the same.

We need someone in the mid 80's to let us know next :P

• Registered Users Posts: 31 TCO

trebormax wrote: »
    Yeah I'm the same.

Still refreshing my email every 5 seconds...nothing...yet! Maybe everyone in PAS booked Monday off :P

trebormax wrote: »
    Yeah I'm the same.

I know, although based on the amount of time that I'm spending checking this thread today there is a fairly high probability that I will end up emailing them tomorrow morning if we haven't gotten any news :)

• Advertisement

Me too lol! What are we like?

Advertisement