Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Administrative Officer 2015 open competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

My OH has got through to the second round test. Has anyone any good links for training materials that might help ?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭trebormax

My OH has got through to the second round test. Has anyone any good links for training materials that might help ?

Hi Darragh, do you mean they have been called forward to the interview etc stage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Emmal14

connmel wrote: »
    Yes and I'm delighted really - as nice as the promotion would be a 10 drive to work is worth way more to me!!

I totally 100% get ya! Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 TCO

So I got my email. Going to DPER. That'll do grand! :)

TCO wrote: »

Fantastic!! Delighted for ya.

• Advertisement

Fantastic well done you! Do you mind me asking what number you were? Also excuse my ignorance whats DPER?

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Holysock

Emmal14 wrote: »
    Fantastic well done you! Do you mind me asking what number you were? Also excuse my ignorance whats DPER?
    DPER is Department of Public Expenditure and Reform, that's a good department!;)

Congrats TCO and thanks for letting us know! You were mid 80s if I remember correctly?

Holysock wrote: »
    DPER is Department of Public Expenditure and Reform, that's a good department!;)

Congrats TCO and thanks for letting us know! You were mid 80s if I remember correctly?

Agreed, DPER is a good one. Its where a lot of the new policies and whatnot come from so you will learn a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Holysock

Is that definitely tests for the open AO panel that took 250 to the assessment stage initially? If so that's fantastic news if they already think they'll need more people!

Thanks guys! Yeah I was mid 80s on the panel.

Hopefully ye will all get good news soon, I'll be keeping an eye on the thread :)

I need a pint now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

trebormax wrote: »
    Hi Darragh, do you mean they have been called forward to the interview etc stage?

Sorry, I meant the aptitude test, the supervised sitting. Been so long since she done the first one.
    Holysock wrote: »
    Is that definitely tests for the open AO panel that took 250 to the assessment stage initially? If so that's fantastic news if they already think they'll need more people!

Yep, thats the one alright.

Wow a 2nd panel that is only good! Theres hope for us! Darragh is she only going in for supervised tests

If they're calling another tranche of candidates to supervised tests that means everybody that has made the panel so far will have to get an offer before they can move to making offers to tranche 2. I'm open to correction on that point but I'm quite sure that's the case!

Sorry, I meant the aptitude test, the supervised sitting. Been so long since she done the first one.

Hmm. Well we had initial aptitude tests at home, followed by a day where we had combined supervised verbal and maths, then a work sim, then an interview and presentation.

If its the above we can give some advice for sure, however if it is only an aptitude test it may be something a little different.. Apologies if we are dragging this out a tad, but better to be sure before we start giving hints yknow?

:cool:

Getting so impatient guys! I spent most of the day checking my email and this thread instead of working lol

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Bobby04

Getting so impatient guys! I spent most of the day checking my email and this thread instead of working lol

At least there's plenty of updates on this thread!

True but the closer they get to my number the longer it seems!

Another day, another wait for updates.

If memory serves... we haven't heard from anyone in the 90s.. which means we probably wont hear again till the 100s.

If anyone IS in the 90s, please raise your internet hand.

Another day, another wait for updates.

If memory serves... we haven't heard from anyone in the 90s.. which means we probably wont hear again till the 100s.

If anyone IS in the 90s, please raise your internet hand.

I may break and email them! Tho it may be faster to ring!

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Veledan22

I may break and email them! Tho it may be faster to ring!

I know, I have been trying to hold off but it's getting really tough not to contact them for an update!

• Advertisement

Veledan22 wrote: »
    I know, I have been trying to hold off but it's getting really tough not to contact them for an update!

Me too really trying my best! Its so tough! Particularly without someone in the 90's on this thread so far!

I broke.... Emailed there.

I broke.... Emailed there.

We need a rota system ;)

Veledan22 wrote: »
    We need a rota system ;)

100%! Tho we really should be calling as poor Louise is so busy emails are slower!

100%! Tho we really should be calling as poor Louise is so busy emails are slower!

Louise, if you are reading this, thank you and we are sorry :P

Louise, if you are reading this, thank you and we are sorry :P

Absolutely! I am dying for an number however

Absolutely! I am dying for an number however

I know, it feels like an age since we got an update :( but hopefully they will reach one of you soon and you can let the rest of us know ;)

I know fingers crossed an update will happen tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 northernline

Hopefully see you there then! Congratulations!

• Advertisement

Email from the lovely louise they are in the early 90's!

Advertisement