Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Administrative Officer 2015 open competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Veledan22

trebormax wrote: »
    My poor F5 button doesn't know whats hit it...

Hopefully they will be in touch with you today too! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭roe_cat

Emmal14 wrote: »
    Under consideration for the department of expenditure and reform!

Congratulations - now the next stage of waiting begins!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Emmal14

roe_cat wrote: »
    Congratulations - now the next stage of waiting begins!

Thanks! How are you getting on with yours?

Thanks! How are you getting on with yours?

No word yet - not sure how much of that is related to waiting for police clearance from outside Ireland....
    Last contact from PAS was 12 days ago when they contacted my employer for a reference - nothing since so just sent an email this morning

roe_cat wrote: »
    No word yet - not sure how much of that is related to waiting for police clearance from outside Ireland....
    Last contact from PAS was 12 days ago when they contacted my employer for a reference - nothing since so just sent an email this morning

Had you handed in your notice to your employer before they were contacted for a reference?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Thisisit90

Congratulations guys. What number are they at now? I'm 120s. Wasn't hopeful until now.

Veledan22 wrote: »
    Had you handed in your notice to your employer before they were contacted for a reference?

Nope - still haven't... It was actually my line manager who gave the reference so my boss doesn't know yet. Have a meeting this afternoon about new responsibilities they want me to take on...could be a little awkward

• Registered Users Posts: 31 TCO

Under consideration for the department of expenditure and reform!

Congrats!!!

TCO wrote: »
    Congrats!!!

Thanks a million! Alot of us must be going to expenditure and reform

Thanks a million! Alot of us must be going to expenditure and reform

I'd say so. Hopefully they'll start all of us at the same time!

• Advertisement

TCO wrote: »
    I'd say so. Hopefully they'll start all of us at the same time!
    Have you got a start date yet?

Have you got a start date yet?

No word yet, don't expect to hear anything til next week at the earliest tbh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭trebormax

Hopefully they will be in touch with you today too! :)

(Hoping this causes an email to appear) Nope, nothing so far!

(Hoping this causes an email to appear) Nope, nothing so far!

Hopefully you'll hear tomorrow

Soooo wont be joining you fine folks in DPER

Department of Health are considering me. :)

Soooo wont be joining you fine folks in DPER

Department of Health are considering me. :)

Fantastic!! Well done! Wheres that based?

Fantastic!! Well done! Wheres that based?

Head office is near Tara Street Dart station. Handy enough for me train/bus/soon luas wise.

Head office is near Tara Street Dart station. Handy enough for me train/bus/soon luas wise.

Happy days so! Congrats!!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭coloneldecker

Congrats to all that have got it, it's great that they're flying through the numbers. What are people's thoughts on what number they'll get to? I assume PAS themselves haven't given any indication?

Congrats to all that have got it, it's great that they're flying through the numbers. What are people's thoughts on what number they'll get to? I assume PAS themselves haven't given any indication?

Nope. PAS won't specify totals because they don't know themselves. Departments seem to request and possibly even withdraw as demand dictates.

We have guessed there are around 160 total waiting and they hit 106 today. The original estimate was just over 200 jobs this year.

Ao should make up the bulk, but third secretary and similar specific roles will take some, and there is no promise that they wont keep a few positions for later in the year either, as people applying for this panel may be on others too which would suit more.

Its a bit all over the place, but I say the above from experience so far and I hope it gives an idea at least.. :)

• Advertisement

I'm 181 which might possibly have me as the very last on the panel, certainly one of the last anyway. Had zero hope in the beginning but the speed of movement has me curious although still not hopeful. I'd love to know are many people rejecting posts or were there a huge number of vacancies or what's the explanation for the incredible rate they're calling people.

I'm 181 which might possibly have me as the very last on the panel, certainly one of the last anyway. Had zero hope in the beginning but the speed of movement has me curious although still not hopeful. I'd love to know are many people rejecting posts or were there a huge number of vacancies or what's the explanation for the incredible rate they're calling people.

Well I hope they keep going. I've heard a few turning down for various reasons, so you never know. May take a while but last year they ended up calling more than they started with so its not over yet.

Well I hope they keep going. I've heard a few turning down for various reasons, so you never know. May take a while but last year they ended up calling more than they started with so its not over yet.

Yeah it's hard to know now, could get there, could be way off, really just guesswork at this point I suppose. I should know this but how long does the panel run?

Yeah it's hard to know now, could get there, could be way off, really just guesswork at this point I suppose. I should know this but how long does the panel run?

It runs for 12 months as far as I know so don't totally dismiss it yet! I didn't expect to hear this fast at all and I'm 103!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Holysock

Congrats guys :) Is there anyone here between 106 and 131? Feel like it could be a long wait before I hear, if I do at all!

Holysock wrote: »
    Congrats guys :) Is there anyone here between 106 and 131? Feel like it could be a long wait before I hear, if I do at all!

Yes, I have another 10 to go before/if they get to me. I will post if I hear anything though :)

Yes, I have another 10 to go before/if they get to me. I will post if I hear anything though :)

Well hopefully you'll hear something early next week if not today!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Sounds like there is a real chance they may call a second cohort to interview.

Sounds like there is a real chance they may call a second cohort to interview.

Would they normally do that when they are only a little over half way through the current panel?

It would be great news if that did happen though :) jobs for everyone :)

• Advertisement

Well hopefully you'll hear something early next week if not today!

Yes, I'm hoping that they will get in touch early next week. Just playing the waiting game now.

How long does it take to get an offer after you get the notification that you are under consideration for a department?

Advertisement