Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Administrative Officer 2015 open competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Sounds like there is a real chance they may call a second cohort to interview.

Id say theyll hold off tnh.

They are running these compeititons every year now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Emmal14

Veledan22 wrote: »
    Yes, I'm hoping that they will get in touch early next week. Just playing the waiting game now.

How long does it take to get an offer after you get the notification that you are under consideration for a department?

According to PAS I should get my letter hopefully next week and then your waiting on your department to call!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 northernline

Hi guys, my update is that my contract's in the post and have a start date confirmed (they were flexible but that may depend on department)! Hope to see any of the DPER gang soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭roe_cat

And I have an official offer - starting once I've finished my month's notice here!

Im hoping to get my official offer first week in march and start the first week in April would be perfect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 CloudyRain

Hi everyone. Many thanks for all the updates/advice etc. on the thread.

I've been lucky enough to receive an offer and need to give notice. Before I do, could anyone confirm that these are permanent posts - my nerves/doubts are kicking in!

Many thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Whizzgirl

Hi

Just wondering if all the Administrative Officer jobs are in Dublin or has anyone been offered a place outside Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ella05

Hey everyone, thanks for all the updates. I am open to correction but I believe the posts are permanent subject to a one year probationary period. I have just this week been informed I am under consideration for the office of public works in trim, which is far more suitable for me than city centre or greater dublin area.

Wow i thought all the jobs were in dublin! The jobs are permanent posts pending a successful one year probation period!

Random question for DPER folks do any of ye who have been assigned know which building it is? Also has anyone started yet? Just very curious to know the office dresscode?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 sinead2016

Really appreciate all the updates on here. I'm in the late 100s on the panel, I can't believe how quickly they're getting through it! Keeping my fingers crossed that they'll get to me in the next couple of months :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 16 northernline

Emmal14 wrote: »
    Random question for DPER folks do any of ye who have been assigned know which building it is? Also has anyone started yet? Just very curious to know the office dresscode?

No knowledge of office dresscode. 7-9 Merrion Row apparently seems to be the main building.

SJ. wrote: »
    When I worked there I wore a suit but no tie most days. Much more formal than other Government Departments I've worked in, but I'd say the non Government Buildings locations are more casual.
    7-9 Merrion Row and Government Buildings are the HQ locations-they are connected.

Thanks! I wear trousers and a shirt to my current office everyday and have a couple of suits but was kinda hoping for a slightly more casual place but really not an issue or a big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Thisisit90

Anyone know what number the panel is roughly upto?

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Veledan22

Thisisit90 wrote: »
    Anyone know what number the panel is roughly upto?

I am waiting on an update from PAS, I will post when they get back to me. Hopefully it won't be too long :)

Hopefully getting my letter in the post this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭trebormax

Hello folks, how are we all doing?

Still no read on the panel as a whole?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Kournikova

Start on the 7th, anyone else got dates yet?

Just waiting on my letter of offer. How is everyone else doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 TCO

Emmal14 wrote: »
    Just waiting on my letter of offer. How is everyone else doing?

Got the letter, still waiting on a start date!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭trebormax

All refs and whatnot sorted, waiting on the formal letter.

No idea on start date etc, prepared to wait as am told Health are creating new sections and teams right now so might be a little while.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Thisisit90

What number are they upto ?

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Holysock

The last confirmed number we had was 106

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Chackachokka

Hi everyone,

I'm number 115 and got an email on Tuesday and a letter today. I got the Department of Transport on Kildare St. Best of luck to everyone still waiting!

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Veledan22

They confirmed that they are working on 110 - 120 at the moment.

Hi everyone,

I'm number 115 and got an email on Tuesday and a letter today. I got the Department of Transport on Kildare St. Best of luck to everyone still waiting!

You got a letter? Im still waiting on mine 9-10 days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Chackachokka

Yeah I was surprised at how quickly I got the letter - there's no mention of a start date or anything, just that the Department would be in contact. It may have been due to working as a civilian in the Guards at the moment, making Garda clearance a bit more straightforward.

Yeah I was surprised at how quickly I got the letter - there's no mention of a start date or anything, just that the Department would be in contact. It may have been due to working as a civilian in the Guards at the moment, making Garda clearance a bit more straightforward.

That could possibly be it! Im hoping its waiting for me when I get home today!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 yomod

I got an email there that I'm under consideration (I was in the mid 120's on the panel) for the Department of Public Expenditure and Reform. I'm going to think about it over the weekend. In the meantime, they won't contact my present employer without the go ahead from me will they? I'm currently working in the private sector it wouldn't be great if they did and I decided to stay where I am.

P.S. first time poster, long time watcher on this thread - great job on keeping everyone updated people. Congrats to everyone who has got an offer, and hang in there to the rest of ye!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Holysock

yomod wrote: »
    I got an email there that I'm under consideration (I was in the mid 120's on the panel) for the Department of Public Expenditure and Reform. I'm going to think about it over the weekend. In the meantime, they won't contact my present employer without the go ahead from me will they? I'm currently working in the private sector it wouldn't be great if they did and I decided to stay where I am.

P.S. first time poster, long time watcher on this thread - great job on keeping everyone updated people. Congrats to everyone who has got an offer, and hang in there to the rest of ye!

From my experience with PAS they normally ask or let you know first. Though it couldn't hurt to call them and check if you are concerned about it. They are lovely to deal with

Advertisement