Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Administrative Officer 2015 open competition

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Emmal14

yomod wrote: »
    I got an email there that I'm under consideration (I was in the mid 120's on the panel) for the Department of Public Expenditure and Reform. I'm going to think about it over the weekend. In the meantime, they won't contact my present employer without the go ahead from me will they? I'm currently working in the private sector it wouldn't be great if they did and I decided to stay where I am.

P.S. first time poster, long time watcher on this thread - great job on keeping everyone updated people. Congrats to everyone who has got an offer, and hang in there to the rest of ye!

In my consideration email it asked me to confirm it was ok to contact my current employer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 yomod

Thanks for the replies guys. I got back to them.

Letter of offer received! Its official!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Emmal14 wrote: »

Well done- which Department?

Well done- which Department?

Department of public expenditure and reform. So just have to wait for my department to make contact now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 eleah

Thanks for all the updates, I've been reading this thread several times a week, although I rarely post.
    I'm at 130 on the panel, so might have a shot over the next month or so. I can't believe they've got through so many offers so quickly.

fingers crossed it this pace keeps up.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭trebormax

Emmal14 wrote: »

WOO!

Hey can I ask, did you receive a phone call also? Or was it just email then letter?

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Holysock

Anyone have updates for this week? I'm 131 so the wait is driving me mad at this stage! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Veledan22

Did anyone else have to get police clearance for time spent living abroad?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭SJ.

Holysock wrote: »
    Anyone have updates for this week? I'm 131 so the wait is driving me mad at this stage! :)

Sorry - nothing to add but a good friend (who refuses to post here) is just after you, so it would be very much appreciated if you said here when you hear...

Thanks!

• Advertisement

trebormax wrote: »
    WOO!

Hey can I ask, did you receive a phone call also? Or was it just email then letter?

I have had email then letter. Waiting on the phonecall to organise start dates etc

Got emailed today and I am under consideration. Was 131 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Veledan22

Congratulations :)

Congratulations! What department are you headed for?

PM'd you there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 eleah

Im number 130 and under consideration also!!!

Congratulations!

Shall we all do a roll call?

Department of Health :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 LondonFields

Does anyone know how strictly they follow the order when calling people? I'm in the 120s, and have heard nothing yet :(

Does anyone know how strictly they follow the order when calling people? I'm in the 120s, and have heard nothing yet :(

Hi,

You should have heard by now. I know its silly but check your spam/junk folder, and your publicjobs.ie message board. Make sure as well that if you have your application saved somewhere that your contact number and email address information is correct.

If you are definite that you did not receive any correspondence then I would contact PAS and advise you are aware the AO/graduate panel has passed your number in the order of merit and see what the situation is. Have your candidate number to hand when calling them.

The word is PAS only skip to find people with particular skills or qualifications, such as accountancy etc, so hopefully its just a crossed line somewhere.

I thought that might have been the case, that someone was looking for specific skills, but 130 and 131 have both been contacted, so that rang alarm bells!
    My contact details are all up-to-date, and there are no messages on my message board, so I think I'll have to bite the bullet and ring them... thanks!

• Advertisement

Good luck, fingers crossed it is just a mix up.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 shedex

heya all

I've been reading this thread the past couple of months, didnt think I had a snowballs chance until recently. I'm in the mid-140s and hoping they might get to me in the next week maybe (?) Is there anyone between 131 and mid-140s on this thread?

I thought that might have been the case, that someone was looking for specific skills, but 130 and 131 have both been contacted, so that rang alarm bells!
    My contact details are all up-to-date, and there are no messages on my message board, so I think I'll have to bite the bullet and ring them... thanks!
    Good luck - let us know?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 anthrogal

Hey all,

Wanted to give a big thank you to all who keep us updated on this thread, I'm in the 160s and had thought I hadn't a notion of being called, but each time I come on here and see the numbers that are being called that little bit of hope grows bigger!!

Congrats to all who have gotten called so far and here's hoping the rest of us make the cut too!!

(:

SJ. wrote: »
    Good luck - let us know?

I have emailed them ... will keep you posted!

I have emailed them ... will keep you posted!

Best of luck! Its probably crossed wires somewhere! Fingers crossed for everyone on the panel!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ella05

Just wondering if anyone appointed from outside the civil service has managed to obtain higher than point one of the scale. I'm aware of the department of finance circular E100/8/82 but wondering have there been any exceptions in this competition.

Under consideration as of this morning :)

Ah brilliant. Must have just been a clearance delay or something similar.

Congratulations! Which department?

• Advertisement

Good for you. :D

Advertisement