Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Administrative Officer 2015 open competition

Options
1192021222325»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 alphabet

The waiting is a pain now that the process has slowed down so much, but I'd say it's only a matter of time before they get to you.
    I'm about another twenty places down the list from you so it's a bit less likely that they reach me.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 anthrogal

Definitely think the unstable gov situation may be a factor in the slow down of the process, but you never know what will happen once it settles into place!!

Keeping my fingers crossed for all of us!!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭coloneldecker

I'm 181 on the panel and am expecting to miss out at this stage, just looks like it's slowed down way too much which is disappointing.

Email update this morning from the lovely Louise:

We have reached the 150’s on the panel.

Not as illuminating as I'd have liked but keeping the fingers crossed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭the explorer

I'm in the 500s so fairly unlikely to get called, unless a lot of people that applied in September have already got good jobs.

• Advertisement

I'm 181 on the panel and am expecting to miss out at this stage, just looks like it's slowed down way too much which is disappointing.

I wouldn't give up hope just yet Coloneldecker!
    Got my email this morning under consideration for dept environment, community and local gov which I am delighted with as it actually suits my educational and experience background.

:)

good luck to those still waiting to be called!!

Congratulations!
    That's a promising amount of progress for the rest of us too.
    Keep us posted on how it goes for you with the rest of the process.

Congrats anthrogal, if you were in the late 160s then that is definitely a promising bit of new movement.

thanks guys :)

am thrilled and still a little in shock, didn't expect them to reach me for a couple of weeks if at all given how slow it had gotten!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 pepperypots

Hey guys..haven't posted here before but just a quick update for those still waiting. I'm 167 on panel and got an email yesterday saying I'm being considered for a role in Department of Justice. Keep the faith!!

• Advertisement

Thanks for the update, congrats on the offer.

congrats pepperypots and best of luck with your new role!!

Hey guys..haven't posted here before but just a quick update for those still waiting. I'm 167 on panel and got an email yesterday saying I'm being considered for a role in Department of Justice. Keep the faith!!

Congratulations pepperypots.
    At this rate they just might get to us all and have to create a second panel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Emmal14

Congrats guys on all the offers!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 pepperypots

Thanks everyone! Best of luck to all still waiting!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Whizzgirl

Hi Folks,

I am in the 160s and am under consideration for the Department of Environment in the Customs House. As I have to relocate its a big move - just wondering if anyone out there has joined this Department and could give insider knowledge.

Also what is the process after you get an email from PAS that you are under consideration- do they just send a reference letter to HR or do they contact your current supervisor? I am already in the Public Service.

Thanks for any extra info.

Just to keep people informed of movevent of the panel I'm 181 and got the under consideration email.

Just to keep people informed of movevent of the panel I'm 181 and got the under consideration email.

Congratulations and thanks for the update, fingers crossed they keep moving along.

Any idea how long the 'under consideration' process takes?
    Or if anyone who has gone through it could let us know what it entails.

Yeah I'd be curious to know myself now what type of wait I'm looking at so if anyone could shed any light on the process that'd be great.

Congrats coloneldecker!! What dept did you get?

So for people's timeline queries, I got my consideration email on a friday and had to send back garda clearance form and provide current reference etc.
    Then in about two weeks had contact from my dept with official letter and they were great with me, very flexible with regard to setting my start date.

Hope that much helps!

And good luck to those still waiting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 sinead2016

I'm 179 and got a consideration e-mail last week for Dept of the Environment, Community and Local Government. Delighted! Best of luck to everyone waiting :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 midsummer21

Does anyone know if there will be a new AO competition this year?

Does anyone know if there will be a new AO competition this year?

I would think so yes.

When I was talking to someone in PAS about the current panel and whether or not they would be calling more people for interview they said that they would probably just wait until they run another competition in October or so this year (whenever the usual time they run the AO competitions).

Obviously that is not a definite/official position but it is very likely imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭SunshineKid

octo wrote: »
    Yes, it's really annoying. I came 435th. I aced the numerical and the assessment but fell slightly short on the verbal.

It makes no sense. Why would the civil service/PAS not want to rank people on numeracy? Surely it's just as important. Anyway, I'm grumpy now.

New to this thread but I also did this competition last October and I'm fascinated that you received an identical placing to me. How could 2 of us be placed 435th I wonder? We must have received identical marks or something. I didn't think 2 candidates could share a placing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Thisisit90

Hey guys, does anyone know if it's one or two years before someone who won a ao role is this comp can apply for a transfer? I'm hoping to go from Dublin to the west of Ireland. Any ideas on how long it would then take to get a transfer? Any advice would be appreciated. Please feel free to drop me a pm.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Thisisit90 wrote: »
    Hey guys, does anyone know if it's one or two years before someone who won a ao role is this comp can apply for a transfer? I'm hoping to go from Dublin to the west of Ireland. Any ideas on how long it would then take to get a transfer? Any advice would be appreciated. Please feel free to drop me a pm.

Talk to Personnel- there isn't a rough and ready rule- the issue tends to be finding a post at this grade in a decentralised location. Check out the transfers available in the back of the PSEU magazine. Seeking a transfer doesn't automatically mean you'll be given it- even after a protracted period of time (I know one person who has been trying to get Galway from Dublin for the last 11 years)- its a case of getting your ducks lined up in a row........

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

Thisisit90 wrote: »

That's too hard to tell I think it's one year then you have to wait for a transfer to become available and then it goes on seniority and I can't imagine there's too many AO roles in the West. But apply anyway and then just go for like eo or heo for the West when it comes up and at least you'd be on a higher pay scale starting.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

then just go for like eo or heo for the West when it comes up and at least you'd be on a higher pay scale starting.

Doesn't always work this way- posts are more likely to get downgraded than upgraded (depending on the Department). You may have a higher final salary point on the EO scale- but you've also got so many more points on the scale- it is a demotion pretty much however you look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭maupat

Any current AOs willing to share their experiences in the role over the last year?

I placed in this year's competition and hoping to be placed over the next two months or so (all going well).

• Advertisement
Advertisement