Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jenna Coleman leaves.

Options
  • 18-09-2015 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭

It has been rumoured most of this week but today on BBC Radio 1 Jenna announced that she is finished with Doctor Who.
    https://youtu.be/iyl9k6sid9A
    Personally I think the time is right, we've done as much as we can with her. I reckon Maise Williams is a new character and a new companion.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

That's a pity, I like Clara but one of the best things about Doctor Who is that the characters are constantly moving on and being replaced and the writers don't have to be inventing filler storylines to keep them current. Likeable characters have left before and will again without impacting on the show too much.
    I know that a lot of people will be cracking open the champagne at this news though! Clara was a very polarising character.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

I think we are stuck in a time loop on her leaving ...

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭chanelfreak

I thought Clara had such promise when we saw her first as Oswin in Asylum of the Daleks, but I don't think she ever fully lived up to that first brilliant introduction. I'm interested to see Maisie feature in an episode, but I really doubt she will be the new companion given her committments to GoT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

I thought Clara had such promise when we saw her first as Oswin in Asylum of the Daleks, but I don't think she ever fully lived up to that first brilliant introduction. I'm interested to see Maisie feature in an episode, but I really doubt she will be the new companion given her committments to GoT.

GoT could kill her off in episode 1 of the new season, nobody is safe on that show. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭curiosity

:( *Sniffle* Clara was the first companion I saw, and so very button-cute.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

For full dramatic effect I'd not be surprised if she goes in the very first episode.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Wibbs wrote: »
    For full dramatic effect I'd not be surprised if she goes in the very first episode.

Nu Who has a habit of doing unusual timings with the companion exits, you might not be wrong!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

F*cking finally.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

She'll be back before she's gone for good.

Not that I share people's dislike of her, think she's grand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

She'll be back before she's gone for good.

Not that I share people's dislike of her, think she's grand :)

Given the rumours and the turnabout before and after the last Christmas special, it was only a matter of time until she felt she had a new and better offer of work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,699 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

After watching last nights episode I think we could see her leave wearing a red dress and taking about souffles in her final episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

Why do people not like Jenna? Seems to be a standard reaction to any companion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Wibbs wrote:

That would be a bit weird after the backing tracking they had to do last year with the old Clara "dream" scene

• Registered Users Posts: 26 therabbittest

I knew it was coming, but still sad to actually have confirmation.

It's the right time for her to leave, can't wait to see who we're getting next

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

curiosity wrote: »
    :( *Sniffle* Clara was the first companion I saw, and so very button-cute.

Ah she is no Amy Pond now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Isn't there still like 8000000 echoes of Clara spread throughout The Doctor's timeline?

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭WomanSkirtFan8

Well can't say I'm surprised at that. I' sorry to see Jenna go. Really, really liked her as a companion but 2 to 3 years seems to be the norm for a companion in Doctor who. :pac:

Advertisement