Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are some facebooks not searchable on google?

Options
  • 18-09-2015 11:36am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 161 ✭✭

Are some facebooks not searchable on google? a friend has something on FB I want to see and is away so cannot send me link. She said it is on her FB profile. i googled her name and FB but no hits. I do not have FB or know how it works

Is there some way to find her FB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Optionally, yes. You can set your Facebook profile to stop search engines from crawling your profile:

https://www.facebook.com/help/392235220834308/

Alternatively, your friend may be using a made-up name or an alias on their Facebook profile. Have you tried searching for an alias they might be using too?

You could also try asking a mutual friend to send on her profile link. Bear in mind that their privacy settings may set so that it might not be visible publically.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

JonJones wrote: »
    Are some facebooks not searchable on google? a friend has something on FB I want to see and is away so cannot send me link. She said it is on her FB profile. i googled her name and FB but no hits. I do not have FB or know how it works

Is there some way to find her FB

If you are not on FB and your friend has her privacy settings set to not publicly display her newsfeed then I doubt there is anyway to see the link (unless it's a link to a third party i.e. YouTube or some other website)

Advertisement