Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank interest rates cuts -Smoke screen

Options
  • 18-09-2015 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

There was much hype surrounding Permanent TSB interest rates cuts. As their customer I am very disappointed with their proposals. They are intending to only cut mortgage interest rate cuts for customers whose LTV is 90% or below. This I believe will only comply to very few mortgages, given that most householders who bought before the 2008 crash are in negative equity and only people with alot of cash on hand could buy since then.

<mod snip>

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

To be fair I agree to a certain extent but then this is a private market issue. Vote with your feet!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭second74

<snip> No bank is going to take on negative equity mortgage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

second74 wrote: »
    <snip> No bank is going to take on negative equity mortgage

Sorry missed the neg equity bit! More and more people are coming out of neg equity now, many are on trackers. I think you have the unfourtunate position of falling between two stools :(

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭second74

I think I will have loads of company between those two stools

Advertisement