Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP Printer/Scanner - There is no TWAIN-compliant Device installed

Options
  • 18-09-2015 12:29pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,418 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I'm getting this message when I try to use the scanner on a HP CM2320n.

All was fine a month ago, I scanned a single page. I didn't need to use it for another week. Came in, turned it on...and no joy with the scanner. I need to scan another page now and can't. I'm using a Windows 7 64bit HP desktop.

I've been around the block - uninstalled/reinstalled many times, without success. No matter what I do, only plug in the USB cable at the appropriate time, turn off certain things in services.msc, etc.

I've tried HP by phone and online chat. Even they've given up and have sent me a quote for €200 to sort it out. One of their solutions is to "try another computer", well, I can't because we don't have a spare one in the office and I can't ask a colleague as it takes quite a while to uninstall/reintsall. All that's working is the printer side, the software, when it was fully working, showed the full details of the printer in Device and Printers. There was a 'scan a document option'. Now it only recognises it as a printer. The start menu in Windows does have a scan option, but when I try that I get error - There is no TWAIN-compliant Device installed.

I've read advice on HP's forums, but am not having any luck.

Any ideas?

Comments

Advertisement