Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oktoberfest - Georges Dock

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

There was an absolutely brilliant one indoors in the Mansion House a few years back.
    I wonder why they never repeated it, was great craic and better than the George's Dock version in every way.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Managed to get in last night relatively quickly thtough a friend, the queue had ariund 200 people in it and was right around the dock to the harbourmaster pub almost.
    Had a few steins and kept ourselves to ourselves, one difference i did notice to last year was how much more scummy it was, loads of people of a certain demographic off their faces and acting the maggot.
    Going back today for some food and to hang out with a few friends but would definitely avoid fri/sat nights

• Registered Users Posts: 30,303 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Opinions on the red wine? German reds not often seen here... Worth checking out? Or very much an afterthought to the beer?

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Arrived there at 2pm on Saturday. Walked straight in. Sun was shining. Got a table away from the music. Stayed until around 8pm. Was insane by then and definitely time to go.

But a great day out if you can swing an early start.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭derailed

Here at oktoberfest today. Good food and drink and crowds but overpriced at €12 for less than 1l drinks and now part of a horrendous unmanaged queue to get back in so so so.

• Advertisement

There's too many people in too small a space, queues etc not managed at all... gets very messy very quickly... for the prices being charged they should be able to have enough staff to manage it properly. Won't be rushing back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

They should get a bigger venue

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

The place is massively overcrowded and overpriced.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

Agreed. They should definitely get a bigger venue. I went on Friday with some work mates and the queue at 6pm was about an hour long. The only reason I know this was because we stayed in the upstairs part for a few pints and picked someone at the back of the queue and timed their journey to the front.

Ended up going to the Brewdock and got some good Steins of beer. Blacked out after 2 of them, can't remember much of how I got home. Great night not at Octoberfest.

I went to this last Thursday night, out of curiosity. Got there around 9.30/10. Grabbed a beer and hot dogamabob and walked around to see the queue a fair whack back, asked a security fella how long the queue was an he said an hour. Decided not to bother waiting. Walked back around and sat down on the benches overlooking the ramp in and noticed at least half a queues worth of people getting in. Headed back toward the end of the queue and we were in in less than five minutes! Another five minutes to get into the main beer hall/tent.

I thought it was absolutely great fun, everyone was in such good spirits, people dancing with anyone and everyone. It's not cheap, no, but you don't have to pay in either in fairness so it's not like you're getting ripped off on a cover charge.

I really like Erdinger - and it's rarely less than €6 anywhere I've been anyway, so for €6.50 it's not that bad. Fiver for the hot dog that I couldn't finish because it was so big.

Great fun altogether and would definitely go back next year if it was on.

• Advertisement

Advertisement