Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dundalk V Drogheda

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Very Bored wrote: »
    As is a Dundalk fan claiming the Louth derby is the biggest one :P. I have yet to see 80,000 people at it though ;).

Most of who were from Galway ;)
    But we're not talking about GAH here tonight.
    Towell got motm but for me the stand out performance last night was from Sean Gannon who was just about everywhere on the park.here's a player who can go on and be brilliant in other leagues.
    and he's so laid back it cant be normal!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

Pighead wrote: »
    Tonight's game is easy to analyze. We will go out and score a goal and then we will score another goal and another one and another one. Depending on how ruthless Kenny is feeling there may even be a fifth goal on the cards. The 70 Drogheda fans who make the trip up will sing crappy out of tune chants for about twenty minutes before they realise they are losing yet again and sink into a deep depression made worse by the knowledge they have to return to their ****ty town after the game. Hopefully it rains this evening on them.

Prediction: Dundalk 4 (or 5 depending on how we feel) Drogheda 0.

Quite close. However, it didn't rain and Drogheda had about 40 fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

Dundalk v Drogs, Bohs v Rovers, Tipperary v Kilkenny, Inter v Milan. They all pale in comparison to UCD v Cabinteely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Paz-CCFC wrote: »
    Dundalk v Drogs, Bohs v Rovers, Tipperary v Kilkenny, Inter v Milan. They all pale in comparison to UCD v Cabinteely.

The SoCoDu Derby. That's South County Dublin for all you boggers and skobies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Very Bored

Most of who were from Galway ;)
    But we're not talking about GAH here tonight.
    Towell got motm but for me the stand out performance last night was from Sean Gannon who was just about everywhere on the park.here's a player who can go on and be brilliant in other leagues.
    and he's so laid back it cant be normal!!

Think you missed that I was talking about Kilkenny v Tipperary... Kilkenny v Galway doesn't have the same ring to it.
    Omackeral wrote: »
    The SoCoDu Derby. That's South County Dublin for all you boggers and skobies.

Is that some secret language you pick up when you're being wet nursed by nanny at the age of 27?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Very Bored wrote: »
    I'm not from Dublin. I'm from Kilkenny, and frankly for me the biggest sporting derby in the country is the Cats v Tipp, nothing else comes close. But in terms of supporter numbers and history I would have thought the biggest one was Bohs v Rovers. For example, the two Milanese clubs aren't doing great recently in Italy, but Inter v Milan is still wwwaaayyy bigger than Juve v Torino.

Well done to Dundalk though if they are romping to the title. I'd prefer a country side over the Dubs. I'm not a huge LoI fan though.

I'm also from KK and a Rovers fan, and KK v Tipp is way bigger.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Advertisement