Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea v Arsenal, 12.45pm k/o

• 18-09-2015 2:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Chelsea, slightly bouyed by a recent win against M.Tel Aviv, face another big test on Saturday when Arsenal come town, themselves coming off a loss away in Zagreb during the week.

No point beating around the bush, Chelsea have been utterly, utterly useless so far this season and have the worse defensive record in the league. Arsenal despite a poor start against West Ham are doing well, winning 3 and drawing 1 of the following 4 league games.

Chelsea have played well in short periods but not well enough over sustained timeframe to win the games theyve lost recently.

Hard to know what Jose will do, he dropped JT and Cahill recently and it didnt work, he tried playing Mikel in CM that didnt work, the isue Chelsea have is about 8 or 9 of the goals weve left in have come from our right flank and Ivanovic, who hasnt been dropped yet but was for the Tel Aviv game with Azpilicuta at RB and Rahman at LB.

I'm hoping for a win, Jose has an excellent record against Wenger through the years but I cant see us keeping out Arsenal with their pace and movement. Both teams scoring looks a cert from there, its anyones guess as to how it will finish but Arsenal fans wont fear coming to the Bridge this time around as we're smack in the middle of a terrible run.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Both teams need something here, I can see a 1-1 draw with Arsenal having the lion's share of the ball but not enough up top to capitalise.

• Big pressure on both Managers IMO

Should be a good game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

If arsenal have anything about them they should get something from this game considering chelseas league form. Still im going for a chelsea win

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I think both teams are going in at a relatively even footing. Both need a result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Football will be the winner.

Nil Nil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

ricero wrote: »
    If arsenal have anything about them they should get something from this game considering chelseas league form. Still im going for a chelsea win

So Arsenal have nothing about them ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Football will be the winner.

Nil Nil.

Unless we actually park a bus infront of the goal I cant see us keeping a clean sheet.

Heres hoping for a classic Jose bore fest :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

greendom wrote: »
    So Arsenal have nothing about them ?

I find arsenal to be mentally weak in these big games especially the last few seasons so that is why i think chelsea will win here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Chelsea win.

Arsenal bottle these type of games.

And Jose record against Wenger is too one sided.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,751 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Money's on a bit of Argy from Wenger and Mou

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Arsenal and Chelsea both played a mix of first and second string players mid-week so the results should be taken with a pinch of salt.

As much as I try, I just can't see Chelsea putting in an amazing shift. I think it's going to be very cagey from us, maybe a bit more confidence, thanks to Costa and Fab scoring, but Hazard was atrocious against Maccabi the other night so I don't see how this game is going to be any different from him. The players that impressed the other night, RLC, Willian and to an extent Remy, aren't or probably aren't going to feature much tomorrow.

Haven't seen much of Arsenal so far but from what I have their problems seem to be more along the lines of settling down as opposed to being hopeless like ourselves.

Although Mourinho still has the upper hand over Wenger, the Charity Shield win this year is a massive mental hurdle to overcome. I reckon for once he can go into this game not fearing a beating.

I reckon Arsenal win or a draw, just can't see us winning and don't have enough belief to think that things will change for the time being. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Thread needs a sexy picture.
    Hon Chelsea!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Panthro wrote: »
    Thread needs a sexy picture.
    Hon Chelsea!

Like this?

wenger5.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I think Chelsea will beat us , a sneaky 2-1 but I hope i'm wrong i'd take a draw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I think Chelsea will beat us , a sneaky 2-1 but I hope i'm wrong i'd take a draw

You think they'll score two goals without you noticing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

adox wrote: »

???? I meant as in we'll probably control the game it'll be 1-1 and chelsea will be awarded wrongly a penalty/offside goal/pick you're poison

didn't think i'd have to explain that one but anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

???? I meant as in we'll probably control the game it'll be 1-1 and chelsea will be awarded wrongly a penalty/offside goal/pick you're poison

didn't think i'd have to explain that one but anyway

it was meant light heartedly.

I feel a virtual thumb war is on the cards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Would like an Arsenal win or draw

City could potentially have a 14 point lead tomorrow, Arsenal haven't got the team to seriously challenge City and United will be frustrated against the lower teams imo the league almost decided in September

I wonder what the record is in terms of the amount of points behind a league leader a title winning team has been at some stage. I can't remember any comeback cases off the top of my head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

arsenal 12 points behind in united in '98

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Would like an Arsenal win or draw

City could potentially have a 14 point lead tomorrow, Arsenal haven't got the team to seriously challenge City and United will be frustrated against the lower teams imo the league almost decided in September

I wonder what the record is in terms of the amount of points behind a league leader a title winning team has been at some stage. I can't remember any comeback cases off the top of my head

So basically what you are saying is that United haven't got the team to seriously challenge city either?

On the match,hoping for an Arsenal win and I really think that we need it. A defeat again and everyone will be writing Arsenal off for the title. If given a draw right now I'd take it.

Expecting a Chelsea win or a draw. Arsenal have been so wasteful in front of goal this season, it's not even funny. Can't afford to waste chance after chance against Chelsea regardless of their form. Hoping I'm proven wrong, but can't see a win unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Arsenal will manage to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory with a petualnt sending off or similar, 4-2 to chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I'm going to be the first fan actually calling this for their team.

Sanchez and Walcott will move and stretch the Chelsea defence and wouldn't be surprised to see a bit of chaos or a penalty.

Chelsea played well the other night but Hazard did not. I don't really rate their passing game so with Willian out, Pedro a doubt and Hazard out of form, I'd be more confidant in our ability to keep them out.

Worried about defending set pieces though.

2-0 to Arsenal. Caz from the spot and Sanchez to open his account.

All that said, good luck Chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

I expect Chelsea will try kick Arsenal off the pitch today. They need a win by any means necessary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Hard to know who to shout for here. Would be funny to see Chelsea in the relegation zone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

adox wrote: »

That wouldn't surprise me at all :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

niallo27 wrote: »
    Hard to know who to shout for here. Would be funny to see Chelsea in the relegation zone.

So why not shout for arsenal so?

JustTheOne wrote: »

Because that would see Arsenal take the Highwayyyyy to the danger zoneeee.
    RWC on the telly, the footy on the laptop.
    Hello Saturday.

JustTheOne wrote: »

Because there arsenal and if liverpool can get their **** together Arsenal should be a team they need to be knocking out of the top 4.

• Advertisement

Because there arsenal and if liverpool can get their **** together Arsenal should be a team they need to be knocking out of the top 4.

Oh.

Presumably not with Chelsea in the relegation zone

greendom wrote: »
    Presumably not with Chelsea in the relegation zone

Chelsea will come good. Second or third for them.

Terry not playing apparently

That was weird. Seeing the Chelsea crest above Cech. I thought it was the Chelsea team for a sec

• Advertisement

Pedro playing for Chelsea. Ivanovic too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Ivanovic captain for Chelsea today. No idea how he's still getting picked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

No real surprises in that Arsenal lineup apart from Walcott upfront instead of Giroud. I'm happy to see Walcott start as Giroud has never imo played well against Chelsea. So another chance for Walcott to show that he can lead the line.

Gibbs shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the bench after Wed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Arsene putting out what I think is our strongest 11. Still nowhere near confident of a win, Chelsea away is one of the toughest fixtures of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

It's official. Ivan is never getting dropped.

Heading out soon to watch the game more in hope than confidence.
    Come on you Gunners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Gabriel will cost Arsenal the game. Useless and petulant.

Recipe for disaster in a derby.

J. Marston wrote: »

He's been our best defender in recent games. Agreed tho Gab vs Costa could get feisty.

Heading out soon to watch the game more in hope than confidence.
    Come on you Gunners.

Dont need hope,Ivan starts. All you need now is a pacey player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

He is actually a very good CB. Can see him keeping Costa quiet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

You've no idea what you're on about haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Yeah same way kos is a terrible cb

Oh and monreal is useless too.

Do these people actually watch matches?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Glad to see Zouma and Oscar get the nod and not surprised that he's not trusting Rahmann yet. Big balls to drop JT, I think playing him and ivanovic together would be as good as giving Walcott a hattrick. Expecting to see Sanchez and Walcott sitting on Ivan for the whole game.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement