Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea v Arsenal, 12.45pm k/o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

peteeeed wrote: »
    Costa is Spanish :)

Fellow Brazilian sorry :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Id rather lose fairly than win by cheating and acting like a scumbag.

Good old corinthian spirit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Scum fans, scum manager, absolute scumbag of a player Costa is, wouldnt expect anything else from that.

Haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭zombieHanalei

Gabriel a clown to have allowed himself fall for the provocation, lost control.

However would never had happened had the incompetent ref did his job and sent Costa off in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

J. Marston wrote: »
    hogan_1.jpg
    Why do u think Costa was getting frustated. Gabriel was playing well imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

God I love Costa. He's a street fighter, a proper warrior who ends up being the defining character of whatever team he plays for and Chelsea desperately need that because this is a team that's a bit short on strong characters.
    He's obviously a world class striker but he's one of very few players who can grab any game by the scruff of the neck, by any means necessary. Chelsea need a result today, Costa has helped big time in delivering that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Jan Laco

adox wrote: »
    Card waving at the ref, play acting, running after the ref like a little girl.

He optimises it.

Some refs give a yellow card for each of those. But some do what the player asks. What is the actual rule?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Costa won't be out for the 2nd half if Mourinho has any sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

J. Marston wrote: »
    Gabriel will cost Arsenal the game. Useless and petulant.

Recipe for disaster in a derby.

Hope you put money on that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Costa should've been sent off, Dean bottled it as much as Gabriel did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Fellow Brazilian sorry :pac:

I don't see you commending how graceful and compatriot Oscar was, if you do honestly care about patriotic comradery over hating on Chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Do refs get to see things trey missed at halftime?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Scum fans, scum manager, absolute scumbag of a player Costa is, wouldnt expect anything else from that.

Slight bit of generalization there maybe ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

JustTheOne wrote: »

I'm sure he'll be told. They will have access to a TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Oh dear.

• Advertisement

Good old corinthian spirit.

Unfortunately these days success is chosen over morality, especially with regards to Jose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

JustTheOne wrote: »

If Dean does, he'll be chomping at the bit to send Costa off.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Oh dear.

That contribution wasn't dear. It was free. Chelsea don't have to buy everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Think one of our players should risk a yellow and go at Costa early on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

God I love Costa. He's a street fighter, a proper warrior who ends up being the defining character of whatever team he plays for and Chelsea desperately need that because this is a team that's a bit short on strong characters.
    He's obviously a world class striker but he's one of very few players who can grab any game by the scruff of the neck, by any means necessary. Chelsea need a result today, Costa has helped big time in delivering that.

LOL, not sure whether you're completely deluded or just posting this kind of tripe for the arsenal fans. Soccer forums version of comical ali

• Advertisement

I don't see you commending how graceful and compatriot Oscar was, if you do honestly care about patriotic comradery over hating on Chelsea.

You are correct. I dislike Chelsea for everything they stand for. A nothing club until Roman came along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Yeah I'd be telling the lads to keep needling him , He'll react sooner or later it's in his nature

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

LOL, not sure whether you're completely deluded or just posting this kind of tripe for the arsenal fans. Soccer forums version of comical ali
    :mad:
    Anderson is GOD!
    :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Red surely ?

Quazzie wrote: »
    That contribution wasn't dear. It was free. Chelsea don't have to buy everything.

Cool so Ozil, Sanchez etc are all academy players? And Arsenal still can't win anything of significance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

You are correct. I dislike Chelsea for everything they stand for. A nothing club until Roman came along.

Well they finished 4th which has been wenger benchmark for league success in recent years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Jan Laco

peteeeed wrote: »
    Red surely ?

Costa is that you?

Costa to Score first :P

So retrospective action for Costa? Pretty sure there's no doubt of what he did being a red.

27542c1a1e30a165698dc2fa554a7483.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Suprised he didnt mention Messi/Busquets

Lukker- wrote: »
    Cool so Ozil, Sanchez etc are all academy players? And Arsenal still can't win anything of significance?

When we get anywhere close to the £1billion that Jose has spent at Chelsea I'll give you post some credibility.

Also we've won two trophies since ye won anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

I really wish we could just have video refs to stop this nonsense, it's a farce. You can guarantee the other way around Costa would have been calling for a stretcher.

Costa swinging at Kos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭tigger123

Soby wrote: »
    27542c1a1e30a165698dc2fa554a7483.png

Surely that should read "had"? !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Coq off as well. Thats it so.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

He's a winner, plain and simple. He's a guy whose willing to do things others aren't, who dares go to a place mentally where few others would venture. Here's a guy who drove Atletico to La Liga glory, who drove Chelsea to Premier League glory and all of this from a guy who nobody pegged to be a world class footballer. He got to where he is through hard work and sheer force of personality. I have no problem saying he's my favorite Chelsea player, he's a leader.

Coq injured. Goodnight arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

Love Costa, an absoute warrior and Gabriel was an idiot to react to an obvious provocation. Best battling striker in the premiership

Love this by the way, one of the first rival games in a long long time to actually have a bit of bite to it. Too many powderpuff games in the premiership these days between supposed hated rivals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Chambers on ......not sure if Bambi is the best decision here

• Advertisement

tigger123 wrote: »
    Surely that should read "had"? !

Yeah but its Gary Neville - gets points for trying

He's a winner, plain and simple. He's a guy whose willing to do things others aren't, who dares go to a place mentally where few others would venture. Here's a guy who drove Atletico to La Liga glory, who drove Chelsea to Premier League glory and all of this from a guy who nobody pegged to be a world class footballer. He got to where he is through hard work and sheer force of personality. I have no problem saying he's my favorite Chelsea player, he's a leader.
    Oh he led Chelsea to league glory now is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,512 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Coq off.

Chelsea to win 2-0

But they weren't though. Would you rather the same teams just keep winning, we could rotate the title between teams who were good 50 years ago.

Fact is 95% of Arsenal fans would love Roman as an owner instead of one who's primary concern is extracting profit.

They'd never admit it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

High and over the bar from Pedro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Quazzie wrote: »
    Showing your true colours there tbh.

Lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭tigger123

I love Costa, it's part of his game, defenders should know going into matches how to handle him, ie, don't react.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

C'mon arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

He's a winner, plain and simple. He's a guy whose willing to do things others aren't, who dares go to a place mentally where few others would venture. .

What a cop out way of describe him. I actually thought you'd have more sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

(Im a neutral)

Match is ruined by a poor ref and a joke of a player.

Costa is doing this sort of this most games iv seen this season and the refs havnt got the balls to stand up to him/chelsea.

If right was right, costa would get atleast a 3 game ban after the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

you can almost taste the tantrum

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement