Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea v Arsenal, 12.45pm k/o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

He was warned four persistent fouling.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Love Costa, an absoute warrior and Gabriel was an idiot to react to an obvious provocation. Best battling striker in the premiership

Love this by the way, one of the first rival games in a long long time to actually have a bit of bite to it. Too many powderpuff games in the premiership these days between supposed hated rivals

A warrior who goes down at the slightest contact ?

That's an odd description.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

He's a winner, plain and simple. He's a guy whose willing to do things others aren't, who dares go to a place mentally where few others would venture. Here's a guy who drove Atletico to La Liga glory, who drove Chelsea to Premier League glory and all of this from a guy who nobody pegged to be a world class footballer. He got to where he is through hard work and sheer force of personality. I have no problem saying he's my favorite Chelsea player, he's a leader.

And if ref's weren't awful then he'd get banned for half the season every year and either stop or be playing for a mid-table side.

He has the subtlety of a coked up elephant.

Whatever about the in-game, where apparently having 4 officials with **** all to do most of the time isn't enough to have someone keep an eye on him, he miraculously seems to escape his fair share of retrospective punishment as well.

This isn't a hard problem to solve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

He's committed about 6 yellow card offences so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Jan Laco

tigger123 wrote: »
    I love Costa, it's part of his game, defenders should know going into matches how to handle him, ie, don't react.

but it's not part of the game. why should they have to deal. I'd love 2 footed challenges as "part of my game" so should that be allowed..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

Gringo180 wrote: »
    You are correct. I dislike Chelsea for everything they stand for. A nothing club until Roman came along.

What exactly does a football club in West London "stand for"? :pac:

It is hilarious how much a person reveals about themselves through pathetic online posts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Jan Laco wrote: »
    but it's not part of the game. why should they have to deal. I'd love 2 footed challenges as "part of my game" so should that be allowed..

Your question contradicts itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Costa would be an amazing heel if he was in WWE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭tigger123

Jan Laco wrote: »

I mean the needling at defenders and provoking them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Lukker- wrote: »
    But they weren't though. Would you rather the same teams just keep winning, we could rotate the title between teams who were good 50 years ago.

Fact is 95% of Arsenal fans would love Roman as an owner instead of one who's primary concern is extracting profit.

They'd never admit it though.

Is that why the board wont let Usmanov become the majority shareholder? Chelsea were just a mediocre club going absolutely nowhere until the oil money came along. Is it just a coincidence success came along when the cash started to flow?

• Advertisement

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    A warrior who goes down at the slightest contact ?

That's an odd description.

yes

Outstanding player

I love Costa, it's part of his game, defenders should know going into matches how to handle him, ie, don't react.

In fairness, Kos didn't react when Costa whacked him in the face multiple times, and bunted him to the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

He's a winner, plain and simple. He's a guy whose willing to do things others aren't, who dares go to a place mentally where few others would venture. Here's a guy who drove Atletico to La Liga glory, who drove Chelsea to Premier League glory and all of this from a guy who nobody pegged to be a world class footballer. He got to where he is through hard work and sheer force of personality. I have no problem saying he's my favorite Chelsea player, he's a leader.

He's a great lad at roughing up defenders until they get rough back, then he wets himself, starts diving and crying to the ref. Some warrior alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Hazard has just went from sublime to utter sh!te this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Get in great header Zouma

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Zouma makes it 1-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Free header.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Game over. Arsenal gon' Arsenal.

That is useless defending

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,512 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Typical

What was Gabriel actually sent off for? Grabbing a player?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Poor from Arsenal there, especially when they needed to extra concentrate on defending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

What exactly does a football club in West London "stand for"? :pac:

They stand for everything thats wrong about the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

happy days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

The inevitable

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Is that why the board wont let Usmanov become the majority shareholder? Chelsea were just a mediocre club going absolutely nowhere until the oil money came along. Is it just a coincidence success came along when the cash started to flow?

They won FA Cups, which is the success benchmark for Wenger in recent years.

He kicked out. A beckham-esque backwards swipe. Costa is such an irritating pest. He should get a ban to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

They finished 4th the season before he took over. I love the revionist view of history.

Unlucky

Second yellow, back heel on Costa. No idea what the first yellow was for.

Corholio wrote: »
    Poor from Arsenal there, especially when they needed to extra concentrate on defending.

Can't defend when Mertesacker isn't on the pitch. Blindingly obvious and has been for a while now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,850 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

What a cop out way of describe him. I actually thought you'd have more sense.

It is. If a player on another team was up to the same craic against Chelsea they'd be the first one shouting the place down. Also if you genuinely like football as a sport not just a blue glasses tinted gimp you wouldn't condone it. You'd call it as it is.

They finished 4th the season before he took over. I love the revionist view of history.

Unlucky

So 4th is the same as where they are now? It's not that revisionist in fairness, big difference between 1st and 4th, more than ever now.

ZOUMMAAAA

well deserved, good to have a defender as assured and mature as him, Mourinho shows again why he was more suited to this game than Terry, masterclass(y)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭tigger123

Kirby wrote: »
    He kicked out. A beckham-esque backwards swipe. Costa is such an irritating pest. He should get a ban to be honest.

Victim blaming.

Victim blaming.

Costa is anything but a victim. :P

They stand for everything thats wrong about the game.

hahahah oh you poor thing

What do Chelsea stand for? What are these things thats everything thats wrong about the game?

Do they have them on our website?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I think he'll probably get a ban, maybe no bad thing for Chelsea. Not a patch on the player he was last season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Victim blaming.

Was only a micro-aggression from Gabriel.

Anyone else see lazy lazy useless Ozil just sprint back and take the ball off Pedro?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Basil3 wrote: »
    Anyone else see lazy lazy useless Ozil just sprint back and take the ball off Pedro?

Won't see that on Match of the day though its much easier talk about the laziness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

A fantastic player on his day, but a thoroughly unpleasant individual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Basil3 wrote: »

Maybe he should behave like Costa.

Might get more recognition from fans and media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

He's a bully,plain and simple.

A very ordinary player in Damien delaney stood up to him a few weeks ago and he didn't want to know about it, cried and waved his arms like a big girl for the whole game.

Refs have to either punish him,or else let defenders deal with him themselves

Won't see that on Match of the day though its much easier talk about the laziness

If he did that a lot no one would ever mention it, 1 or 2 instances isn't really indicative of him doing that to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

So 4th is the same as where they are now? It's not that revisionist in fairness, big difference between 1st and 4th, more than ever now.

They were consistently top 6 throughout the Pl, with a poisonous chairman. They won cups and went on runs in Europe. They weren't in the absolute upper echelon because they couldn't compete financially but they were always a big draw for foreign talent. They eventually broke the Arsenal United duopoly so it's understandable a few days feathers were ruffled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,512 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Worst match thread ever.

Costa is pure scum on the field whether he plays for your team or not, he is scum.

They were consistently top 6 throughout the Pl, with a poisonous chairman. They won cups and went on runs in Europe. They weren't in the absolute upper echelon because they couldn't compete financially but they were always a big draw for foreign talent. They eventually broke the Arsenal United duopoly so it's understandable a few fathers were ruffled.

I think that's pretty similar to what the poster said, if they couldn't compete financially then they were going nowhere. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but the money brought them to that upper echelon.

5 different commentators have been used in this match so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭zombieHanalei

It's funny the sort of scumbaggery people are willing to overlook and even celebrate depending on whether or not that player plays for their club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

What a cop out way of describe him. I actually thought you'd have more sense.

You're talking to the most biased man on the forum, I wouldn't expect him to give any ground when it's a Chelsea (or Barca) player at fault.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement