Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with Website in Chrome only

Options
  • 18-09-2015 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭

I have an issue with a site I built and I don't know why it's happening or what can be done to fix it.

The issue:

A Text Mouseover Pop Up that works 100% fine in Firefox, IE and Safari but is a disaster in Chrome.

What's happening is the moseover text popup box is moving away from the part it's meant to be descibing depending on what position the the text popup is located on the page in relation to the vertical scroll.

I've attached a sample one page one item and if you run it in Firefox it doesn't matter if you scroll to the top or bottom of the page the text popup box remains in the position it is meant to be in. Now if you run it under chrome (with pop up's enabled) it's all over the place and you can see what I mean if you hover over the text label (Chair) and try it with the page at different positions on the vertical scroll.

Any help sorting this in Chrome would be great.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 UnquieUserName

Hi

Try this as it worked for me, in the function weGetTxtPos change the following line

y += elm.offsetTop - elm.scrollTop;

to be

y += elm.offsetTop;

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

@ UnquieUserName,

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at this, it's very much appreciated.

This is my first stab at making a site and the above problem really had me stumped.

I'm assuming you are referring to making that change in the file "office_chair_e.js" and that's where I changed it and it appears to work perfectly now. :)

Again, thanks for that help ;)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Advertisement