Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cat wet food

• 18-09-2015 3:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

Hello people!

I'm thinking of moving my cats on to some new wet food, they are eating Cosma at the moment but are getting a bit tired of the chicken and tuna flavours (they would usually have gotten chicken but this batch I got the mixed pack to encourage them to eat more, they ADORE the sardine/mackerel flavours) but I was thinking of trying them on a better quality food or completely grain free if I could afford it.
    Peach and Cream get a 170g can in the evenings split between the two of them, and Dude gets one spoonful mixed in with his ID, and they also have applaws dry in the morning and at night.
    Would anyone have recommendations for things that would be similar in price/can size to the Cosma? 70g cans I see in other brands I would imagine would work out more expensive, and any of the bigger cans would end up going off before we got to the bottom.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭FelineOverLord

Our 4 are on the cans of Bozita salmon and sometimes the Chicken. They've been getting bored so I've ordered some of the Animonda Carney mixed tray to see how that goes down. On the other end of the food spectrum, I sometimes give them the Tesco version of Felix pouches, it's called As Good As It Seems, or something along that line. Not anywhere near as good nutritionally but they seem to enjoy slumming it with the cat equivalent of McDonalds every now and again. They prefer the cheaper Tesco alterenative to the Felix as Good As It looks as well.:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Animonda carny does a decent price on 200g cans which are complete and several variations; you could also go with Schmusy nature 200g cans and they do a lower quality bag version at a similar price. Granata Pet and Catz come up every so often in decent deal for the 6 different cans type of deals for 200g cans as well on zooplus; Bozita also do 190g tetra packs. If you go up to 400g cans I'd say Lily's kitchen would be a likely hit along with porta 21 and if you need a "we need something they are guaranteed to eat" I'd say Terra Faelis but it's expensive (but our cats has never, ever, turned it down).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭FelineOverLord

Nody wrote: »
    Animonda carny does a decent price on 200g cans which are complete and several variations; you could also go with Schmusy nature 200g cans and they do a lower quality bag version at a similar price. Granata Pet and Catz come up every so often in decent deal for the 6 different cans type of deals for 200g cans as well on zooplus; Bozita also do 190g tetra packs. If you go up to 400g cans I'd say Lily's kitchen would be a likely hit along with porta 21 and if you need a "we need something they are guaranteed to eat" I'd say Terra Faelis but it's expensive (but our cats has never, ever, turned it down).

I think it depends on the cat, none of our 4 would touch the Terra Faelis, lots of sniffing then they all walked away and I thought they'd like the cat nip. Fussy fiends.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Dublin21

My two absolutely thrive on Grau wet food (grain free type).

They love it and it seems to keep them Full for ages.

I get loads of complements on their coats too :)

Advertisement