Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best videos on Facebook Advertsing, Google Adwords and Keywords

• 18-09-2015 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any recommendations regarding the best YouTube videos to learn about:

1) Facebook Advertising

2) Google Adword campaigns

3) Adjusting and Optimising YouTube videos to help dominate the search rankings for a particular keyword.

It is often difficult to know which information is still relevant in 2015 because it is so quickly outdated.

So I'd appreciate any recommendations. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭PaulPinnacle

It is often difficult to know which information is still relevant in 2015 because it is so quickly outdated.
    In many cases, the old content can still be well worth a watch. Just be aware if it's outdated and ensure you focus on the softer skills and strategy rather than on the technical execution or individual tactics.

The technical "click this button" or "use this type of remarketing" is a small part of the picture that's relatively easy to pick up. It's the fundamentals of adding value for users (which is platform independent and timeless) and delivering the right message in the right way at the right time (ranging from persona targetting right down to content personalisation) that will be the focus of much of the learning curve there.

Personally I'd probably look at picking out a handful of individual experts in each area. Once you start with a couple you'll quickly start to identify other experts in the area they interact and engage with, so the net widens dramatically.

1. For Facebook Advertising someone like Jon Loomer would be a good start. Lots of video content there, though I can't say I pay attention to whether it's on YouTube or on his own site.

2. For AdWords I've always enjoyed reading/listening to Larry Kim. The team at (Hanapin Marketing) PPC Hero put out some great content too.

3. For video (in general, and especially for when/why/how to use the various different platforms) I'd always go to Phil Nottingham as a starting point. He has gone in-house now at Wistia, so I wouldn't expect so many YouTube tips coming from him anymore, but he's still a great starting point for anything video marketing related. Given the over prioritisation of YouTube as a channel (it's great for reach and rankings, but can be terrible for actual conversions and often far better to use hosted video solutions like Wistia or Vimeo) I'll happily stick with him as the suggestion. Follow the type of advice he has always provided and it will go a long way to organically help with sending all the positive ranking signals for YouTube results.

(Disclaimer in that I'm personally involved: Learn Inbound holds quarterly events in Dublin on digital marketing.

Free videos of the each talk are released a couple of weeks after the event. If you're interested in picking up digital marketing tips and keen to ensure it's up to date, well worth checking out the videos. The recent ones from July, April and even January this year well worth a watch if any of the topics are of interest to you)

Advertisement