Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paddy Power rule change

• 18-09-2015 3:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭

As per above, I noticed PP changed rules on boxing while looking for something else on their rule pages.

A couple of years ago a televised fight ended due to clash of heads at start of 3rd round. The fight was classed as technical draw (the first time I'd heard of this!) which I assumed it would be a non-contest for gambling purposes but PP settled on a draw.

At this time their rules on this were vague in my opinion, the body in question rules also seemed to indicate non-contest but fight was announced as technical draw in the ring. I challenged this with them over course of a week (based on twitter and FB I wasnt alone) and they confirmed result was draw as this was result announced in ring and referred me to Boxrec (great website and ironic they wouldnt settle bet for me using this website subsequently and I waited in a shop for 2 hours for payment even though it was televised US fight)

Their stance on issue really annoyed me as majority of bookmakers voided bets or draw and voided bets. Since then I only bet with them for their special or when odds are greater.

This week I asked when the rule was changed, I can only see the page was updated in July this year. They have advised they cannot tell me when. I have asked for clarification on what the term 'cannot' means, is it a case they cant or wont tell me. I'm under no illusions the original bet will now be paid out and I thought it unfair it the time, but now it stinks and will stink even more if rule was changed shortly after above.

Advertisement