Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where best to put my €200 each month

• 18-09-2015 4:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I just got notice after 6 years that I won't be due any bonus from my Irish Life bonus saver account (set up by Halifax back in the day) and that's annoyed me a bit. It is in the small print about withdrawals but is very hard to understand.

So what I want to know is, where is the best place to make my money work for me? Are these regular monthly payment schemes the way to go or what?

I only put away €200 a month and I just want to make the most out of it.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

A lot of regular saver accounts have stringent and complex T&C's. Rates also often drop. These products need to be watched carefully.

Nationwide UK (Ireland) will give you 4.00% AER variable with a regular saver account with deposits up 1,000 EUR per month allowed. The account matures after 15 months.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭PaulM1977

Hi Armaghmagic

To make the most you need to look at the set-up fees and ongoing annual charges you will be subject to.
    On top of that, how much risk would you like to take with these funds?
    Will you need access to it quickly or are you willing to put the funds away for a certain number of years?
    Are you looking to build up the funds for any particular purpose e.g. a car, holiday, deposit for a property.

Thanks,

PaulM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

Thanks for that Paul M

I am looking to put a set amount away for a few years and I suppose I'm willing to take a certain amount of risk.

Wouldn't be looking to withdraw it until the few years are up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

Thanks also JTman,

After doing a bit of research they seem like the best rates at the minute alright

Advertisement