Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suspicious carry on in Barrack St.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭harmless

I believe it's still the Heaphy's but they have not actaully been outside the few times I walked past recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,987 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Amazing how they have been getting away with this for decades, when they were living in Farranree there were marches held outside the house every night and as soon the concerned citizens protesting left it was business as usual right up until the next protest march 22 hours later.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭corks finest

Tis( Heaphys- scummy dealers of death)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,949 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I that recent article, there is no specific mention of any particular anti social behaviour other than the sale of illicit drugs.

There is no mention of violent or intimating behaviour. Now, I don't live in the area and perhaps there is a lot of stuff going on, but I suspect that it would be mentioned if there was.

People don't tend to hang around the place where they purchase drugs.

I'd be far more worried about drunken late night carry on that really disturbs the peace (historic problem of this in the area with students) than about a drug shop.

But, I don't live there. Just, even from the local's descriptions, it doesn't seem that bad to me. I'd rather an orderly drug sales house near me than a noisy student (or similar) house. And I have experience of both.

Post edited by the beer revolu on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

Used to live nearby for about 5 years. Never seen any sort of disorderly conduct from them whatsoever. Never saw them bothering anyone passing by. The most orderly alleged drug den ever.

Been around the area recently too and it's still the same.

I'm sure people living in the area right now would also confirm that they don't ever be up to nutin. Yer man just sits outside and chats to his mates.

I'm not saying they're saints or anything but they literally don't bother anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Ballincollig Blow In

Just reading this thread for the first time given the recent posts.

The obvious answer to me about why this alleged establishment continues to operate openly (albeit with a few “token” raids) would most likely be because the residents would be of the grassing variety.

Being a generous source of information about others alleged activities, helps keep the heat away from their own ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,052 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Garda car parked outside that house atm and a bunch of middle aged women screaming and roaring.

Is this notorious house actually on Barrack Street or close to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,987 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,052 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

On. Its on the opposite side of Tom Barrys, a few doors down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

• Registered Users Posts: 45 FCTwenteBenson

Lived just up the road from it a few years back and some days it was like Piccadilly Circus for junkies there

• Registered Users Posts: 18,032 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I live very close to it the last 10 years up to recently, the never even looked at me wrong. I used to walk the dog everyday and the old fella (cornelius) would stop me, pet the dog and have a quick few words. There was a group of them outside the house one day blocking the footpath, he shouted at the rest of the family to stop blocking the footpath, buggies and elderly are trying to pass.

I know what goes on there, I'm just saying they really don't cause any trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,725 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

it's funny.. the Dub version of that accent would kill my ears.. that's actually quite a bearable version of scumbag dialect

And I'm saying that as a Dub :)

And its plain as day to me they are garda informants, one of them was already put in PC in Cork Prison before over it. How else could they so blatantly operate for a decade there.

That was the impression I got from that newspaper article. Despite coming across as outraged, the people interviewed didn't come up examples of anti social behaviour or violent behaviour.

It seemed more of a case that they don't want "that sort" around their neighbourhood.

Of course no one wants it and its more the type that they attract into the area is the problem. As I said I passed them multiple times a day for a decade and never saw any hassle. Loads of normal looking people stop and chat with the old fella. Its a seedy part of the city centre, multiple brothels there too on the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

• Registered Users Posts: 7,076 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

I'm familiar with this house. It's still going on, all these years later. The guards know what's going on. I even recall someone in the paper after getting jailed a few years ago. Periodically it stops for a few months but it always starts back up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭BurnsCarpenter

Shocking stuff. Hypothetically speaking, could one just walk up and buy some weed?

• Advertisement
Advertisement