Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre in Moate?

Options
  • 18-09-2015 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Your Fibre map shows fibre as available for a pretty large area surrounding Moate, including the town.

cUrC0UY.jpg

Yet, despite being in the middle of the town - any time I check using a phone number it says "[font=eir-medium-web, 'Arial Medium']Your home is not in an eir Fibre area". [/font] So your map is blatantly lying.

I've checked using http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ and I'm less than 1km from the exchange, which is live for fibre. There is also a live fibre cabinet less than 150m from me (MOT1_013). Is it possible to get an explanation as to why Fibre is not available?

Also I've noticed that MOT1_004 is the only cabinet in the town not yet fibre enabled - Is it possible to get a date for when this is expected?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi,

Your Fibre map shows fibre as available for a pretty large area surrounding Moate, including the town.

cUrC0UY.jpg

Yet, despite being in the middle of the town - any time I check using a phone number it says "[font=eir-medium-web, 'Arial Medium']Your home is not in an eir Fibre area". [/font] So your map is blatantly lying.

I've checked using http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ and I'm less than 1km from the exchange, which is live for fibre. There is also a live fibre cabinet less than 150m from me (MOT1_013). Is it possible to get an explanation as to why Fibre is not available?

Also I've noticed that MOT1_004 is the only cabinet in the town not yet fibre enabled - Is it possible to get a date for when this is expected?

Thanks
    Hi challengemaster, 

The map is for illustrative purposes only unfortunately so may not always be accurate. 

The lines are not laid in direct sight of the exchange so this may be why you can't avail of it. 

Would you like to PM me your details and I'll clarify this for you. 

I've checked the other exchange on our current roll out file and I'm afraid it's not on this, the next one is due in a few months time. Feel free to check back with us then. 

Thanks

Tracey 

Advertisement