Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Move from Greystones to Wicklow town

• 18-09-2015 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Just looking for posters experience/advice/opinion/views. Living in Charlesland, Greystones but have out grown our house. Would love to stay in Greystones and move somewhere closer to town to a bigger house but the prices of houses are pretty high. For a lot less money you can get a detached house in Wicklow town with loads of space within 5min walk of the town. I don't know much about Wicklow town but it looks lovely, close to sea plenty of schools. We have 3 primary school going kids so I really want to be sure before I uproot them. If we stay in Greystones we could possibly get a house a little bigger than what we have and have very little disposable income but I know kids are happy. Or move to the unknown to bigger home, more disposable income but its a gamble whether we will all be happy.
    Has anyone made a similar move? The commute is not an issue for us now but maybe if kids go to college it will be a issue then.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

sc12 wrote: »
    Just looking for posters experience/advice/opinion/views. Living in Charlesland, Greystones but have out grown our house. Would love to stay in Greystones and move somewhere closer to town to a bigger house but the prices of houses are pretty high. For a lot less money you can get a detached house in Wicklow town with loads of space within 5min walk of the town. I don't know much about Wicklow town but it looks lovely, close to sea plenty of schools. We have 3 primary school going kids so I really want to be sure before I uproot them. If we stay in Greystones we could possibly get a house a little bigger than what we have and have very little disposable income but I know kids are happy. Or move to the unknown to bigger home, more disposable income but its a gamble whether we will all be happy.
    Has anyone made a similar move? The commute is not an issue for us now but maybe if kids go to college it will be a issue then.

Moved from Bray to WICKLOW 16 Years ago and haven't regretted it.
    WICKLOW has developed slowly over the years and the recession probably helped by slowing down the housing developments and allowing the infrastructure to catch up.
    Much prefer having a larger house and an extra 15mins commute and for me this outweighs the odd occasion when we're out in town and it's more expensive to get home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    allowing the infrastructure to catch up.

Like what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Like what?

I know Wicklow still has a lot of catching up to do, but in those years, the port and town relief roads have been completed, the new secondary school is up and running, the works have started on 3 new schools (Educate Together, Gaelscoil and St. Earnans), the new health center has opened and the recreational facilities down the Murrough have been completed (playground, skate park and bump track)

A lot done, a lot more to do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    I know Wicklow still has a lot of catching up to do, but in those years, the port and town relief roads have been completed, the new secondary school is up and running, the works have started on 3 new schools (Educate Together, Gaelscoil and St. Earnans), the new health center has opened and the recreational facilities down the Murrough have been completed (playground, skate park and bump track)

A lot done, a lot more to do

I hear you, but I think its debatable.

The port relief road is a 90's plan, just long delayed.
    'Rathnew Tech', is a big step back for Wicklow Town.
    I've never been in the new health centre... however if it displaces GP's/failities from the town to an out-of-town ring road, that too is a step backwards, as it's a very long walk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Boaty

I'm unaware of what the Rsthnew tech is, please explain.

• Advertisement
Advertisement