Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maternity benefit

Options
  • 18-09-2015 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi,
    I was wondering if someone could help me with regards to whether I'm entitled to maternity benefit or not. I've been working since January this year and have 34 prsi contributions this year so far. I'm due to take maternity leave in Feb 16. I worked for 6 months in 2014 and 3 months in 2013 and didn't work in 2012, so don't have full prsi contributions from those years. Do I need to have 39 contributions just up until I take maternity leave or does it have to be in the relative years ie 2012-2013? It's all spelled out in citizens advice but I just don't understand it at all! Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

I'm an no expert but from reading welfare.ie if you have 39 credits in the 12 months prior to maternity leave then you qualify.

The relevant tax year piece seems to be only relevant if you don't meet the first condition which it appears you do.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

ring them and ask

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭New farmers wife

If you ring the number on the maternity benefit form they are very helpful and will tell you straight out, I found them so easy to deal with

Advertisement