Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disruptive Neighbours

Options
  • 18-09-2015 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi all

I am just wondering if you are able to set up a case file with the garda to record any disturbances, littering, and leaving old nappies and general rubbish just lying around from one particular neighbour.

The landlord is an estate agent but just doesn't care. I want to put a case together for the prtb that's why I ask about the guards.

Any advise would be great. Thanks.

I am at my wits ends and 6 months pregnant.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,958 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The Gardai should be notified of the disturbances.
    The local Council Environmental Officer or Litter Warden should be notified about the litter problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 MichelleOH32

We live in duplexs so they are above us. We have a management company so every email sent to the estate agent the management company are copied on.

But do you know if I were to go to the guards to ask them to open a case file as their are others that are looking to complain about them would they do that so every time we call we give the case number and complaint and once there is enough there we can then go to the prtb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Are you an owner or a tenant?

This really is a management company issue, they should be building up a file, it's not a garda issue apart from disturbances, you can get the pulse number for incidents they are called to and get the management company to log this and add to the file.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

I don't think the Gardai will open a 'case file' for you.

Just record everything yourself and bring it to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 MichelleOH32

I am an owner so the management company need to open the file for me? So the likes of them playing their instruments and banging the floor at ten at night is something I should be recording this with the management company? That's interesting because they always say I need to bring it to the landlords attention that is why I email them both.

But if it keeps going can I use the emails, photos etc to report to the prtb if nothing is done?

Landlord replies saying I have spoken with them but it's still ongoing. Just no respect really

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

What does your lease/purchase deeds with the management company say about quiet hours. Mine says midnight to 8am which would mean your complaints about 10pm would not get you anywhere.

If you live in a managed development the management company are charged with the smooth running of the development and ensuring that leases (signed at purchase, not leases between landlord and tenant) are complied with. Again I'll give an example from our development. Troublesome unit, emails sent from neighbours to management agent every time there was an issue. Agent would liaise with landlord, no action a month later so the management agent sent the landlord a solicitors letter (there is a clause in our leases stating that landlords are responsible for ensuring that tenants comply with development rules). Tenants were gone within a week.

As a member of your management company, you need to keep pressure on the management agent (and if necessary go to the directors of the management company) to deal with these tenants provided the issues are indeed breaches of the development rules

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

OP, just what kind of disturbances are you thinking of?

The garda should be notified about crimes - but I'm not sure from your post if that is what is happening. They are not going to provide secretarial services for you.

Advertisement