Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasonably priced 40"+ TV

Options
  • 18-09-2015 7:50pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hoping to pick up a good value TV this weekend and looking for recommendations.

I want something that's 40" or higher - ideally around the €400 mark - and available asap rather than something that will take a week or two to arrive.

I've an Apple TV and Chromecast so not pushed on Smart TV features... if it's there, grand, if not, no big deal. The more HDMI points the better but again, only having 2 isn't a deal-breaker for the right price.

Also want to stick to a brand with a decent reputation - from what I can see that would mean the likes of Samsung, Toshiba or LG... but any brand other recommendations are welcome... not sure what kind of reputation Nordmende, Panasonic, Sharp etc have.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Looks like a great deal but it'll be 2 weeks or more before it's delivered. As I said I'm looking for something I can pick up as soon as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

Anyone know if that model has a Sat tuner and Saorview ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

flogen wrote: »
    Hoping to pick up a good value TV this weekend and looking for recommendations.

I want something that's 40" or higher - ideally around the €400 mark - and available asap rather than something that will take a week or two to arrive.

I've an Apple TV and Chromecast so not pushed on Smart TV features... if it's there, grand, if not, no big deal. The more HDMI points the better but again, only having 2 isn't a deal-breaker for the right price.

Also want to stick to a brand with a decent reputation - from what I can see that would mean the likes of Samsung, Toshiba or LG... but any brand other recommendations are welcome... not sure what kind of reputation Nordmende, Panasonic, Sharp etc have.

Thanks in advance.

Argos have the Samsung 40H5000 for €370. It's a very nice TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

Argos have the Samsung 40H5000 for €370. It's a very nice TV.

cant find, could you post a link please.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

http://www.powercity.ie/?par=10-13-42LF561

Got this a few weeks ago and am very happy with it. Only disadvantage I can see is that the menu system from switching from terrestrial to satellite is a bit long.

Picture is great.In built satellite receiver but not smart.

Its E50 more than 400 if you have a power city close.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

http://www.powercity.ie/?par=10-13-42LF561

Got this a few weeks ago and am very happy with it. Only disadvantage I can see is that the menu system from switching from terrestrial to satellite is a bit long.

Picture is great.In built satellite receiver but not smart.

Its E50 more than 400 if you have a power city close.

Ended up getting that exact model the other day - very happy with it so far (though I'm only getting a HD UPC box today so will be able to give it a proper run out then).

Would have liked to have more than 2 HDMI ports but will pick up a switcher at some stage to remedy that.

Advertisement