Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Receiving bills/letters for previous occupant

Options
  • 18-09-2015 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I keep receiving bills/letters for a previous occupant of my residence. I've lived here for a year, and the previous resident was here for about 6 months, so the person that the letters are addressed to moved out at least 18 months ago.

I've been marking the envelopes as return to sender and posting them back for over a year now, but you don't seem to have got the message.

Both myself and the previous occupant have/had the bill in our names, so you should be aware that the addressee has moved on.

Can someone please contact me about this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi Gadgie,

Thanks for your message.

Could you send us the following details in a private message?
    • Your full name
    • Your account number
    • The first line of your address
    • Your contact number or date of birth
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)

We can then look into your query.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

These bills/letters don't relate to my name/account, so what good will that do?

Hi Gadgie,

We would require your account details to locate your property on our system.

This information will enable us to investigate your query and determine if there is anything we can do or information that we can provide you regarding your request. Without any or all of those details we will be very limited in the assistance we may be able to provide.

If you have any other questions please let us know.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

Well how about I provide the MPRN and a photograph of the letters? You should then be able to confirm that the addressee is no longer the account holder for the residence.

Bigger question is what do you do with letters / bills that you receive back as 'return to sender'? Is any action taken at all, or do they go straight in the bin? Surely it's a waste of resources to continue sending correspondence to someone when you've been advised that they no longer live at that address. I've returned letters to other utility companies and you are the only one who still persists in sending more.

Hi Gadgie,

In order for Electric Ireland to update or close a third party's account the named account holder must contact us directly, we cannot update or close these details at the request of a third party.

We understand your frustration that you continue to receive correspondence relating to another account, and we would advise you to disregard any correspondence that does not relate to you or your own account.

We regret any inconvenience this may cause.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

• Advertisement

Yes, it is very frustrating.

At the very least, you should put a hold on sending letters when advised that the addressee has left without leaving a forwarding address. Additionally, you should attempt to contact the addressee using alternative means to update the address.

Is any action taken at all when you receive undelivered/returned letters? Please respond to my query in previous post.

Hi Gadgie,

Thanks for your reply.

If we are not provided with a forwarding address for the customer, we can only send correspondence to the address we have registered on the account. The responsibility does lie with the account holder to provide us their current address details.

Should correspondence be returned to Electric Ireland marked as ‘return to sender’, we will always attempt to contact the account holder by alternative contact details including telephone and email.

If you can provide us with the MPRN of the property by private message we can look into resolving this matter for you?

We do regret any inconvenience caused to you, and will do our best to resolve this matter on your behalf.

Thanks,

Brige

Advertisement