Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'slide to upgrade' frozen- no iTunes access

• 18-09-2015 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭

Please help!

When I tried to update my iPad and iPhone 5 to iOS 9 my screen is frozen on 'Slide to upgrade'. The Apple fix is to plug it into iTunes and restore, but I don' t have the laptop my iPhone and iPad's iTunes account is associated with (when I plug it into the laptop I have, I get a message asking me to respond on my iPhone and iPad- which I can't do, because they're frozen).

Please help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Put them in DFU mode and try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭dukedalton

Thanks for your reply. I apologise for my ignorance- what is DFU mode?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭bop1977

Hold the home button and the sleep button together for about 10 seconds and that will put the iPad into dfu mode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

DFU mode still requires an actual computer, which I'm not sure if OP has access to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Plug it into iTunes and hold the home and sleep button for 10 seconds, let go of sleep but keep holding power until iTunes says it has detected and iPhone/iPad in recovery mode.

• Advertisement
Advertisement