Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FTTH Price Question

Options
  • 18-09-2015 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭

I tried to get a price for Fibre Broadband (FTTH) only .....  no phone, TV, or mobile.

I failed to find a 'non bundle' price on the website.

Could you please post the link, or instructions please?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

You need to contact their sales team directly for standalone quotes, they dont look to advertise them on website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

kbell wrote: »
    That provides the wholesale pricing IIUC and not the retail pricing.
    You need to contact their sales team directly for standalone quotes, they dont look to advertise them on website.

I guess that is why I cannot find them ......:(

Maybe when the Eir rep responds they will give an explanation why the prices are not made available to the potential customer.

Let's see .....

Hello,
                Any eir rep available to answer this query?

Bump .....  eir rep?????????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭kooga

i'm curious as well as i can live without the landline. i currently have efibre and phone and pay €58 a month.
    Simply broadband with vodafone is €38 PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

I tried to get a price for Fibre Broadband (FTTH) only .....  no phone, TV, or mobile.

I failed to find a 'non bundle' price on the website.

Could you please post the link, or instructions please?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=97043387

https://www.eir.ie/opencms/export/sites/default/.content/pdf/pricing/Part3.1.pdf (eir Fibre Standalone eir Broadband, page 3)

So the information is available in an obscure (to most customers) PDF but not on the eir site.
    PDF content is of course applicable only while the PDF is current.

I would like to hear from eir reps on this subject.

It appears they are deliberately avoiding this.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

So the information is available in an obscure (to most customers) PDF but not on the eir site.
    There is a Pricing link at the bottom of their home page

https://www.eir.ie/group/pricing/

The Cush wrote: »
    There is a Pricing link at the bottom of their home page

https://www.eir.ie/group/pricing/
    Thank you ......  found that link which brought me to another page and link which in turn brought me to the relevant page of the PDF you linked to.

I still wonder why the price is not available with the other broadband prices .....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭eir: Tony

Hi The Cush and thanks to the for answering this one and our apologies on delay in getting back.
    As you can probably see form the detail held in this doc, it would be difficult to display on webpages. but the link is on page.
    This PDF is updated and does hold current prices of all plans available.

Sorry if it appeared your post was ignored johnboy1951, afraid due to re brand we have received a large number of posts  here.
    Hope you found your answer in the doc provided by The Cush.
    Tony

eir: Tony wrote: »

Hi The Cush and thanks to the for answering this one and our apologies on delay in getting back.
    As you can probably see form the detail held in this doc, it would be difficult to display on webpages. but the link is on page.

Sorry if it appeared your post was ignored johnboy1951, afraid due to re brand we have received a large number of posts  here.
    Tony
    It seems that the price of broadband with no bundle is considerably dearer than a bundled deal?
    Am I reading this correctly?

Although I eventually found the prices, thanks to The Cush, I am still puzzled by the fact that the prices are not displayed on the website along with the other offerings.
    "it would be difficult to display on webpages." .....  this does not make any sense.
    Other prices are there why not these?

The only way to get to the prices is to go through two different web pages ........  the prices are essentially hidden ......  why?

Tony
    It seems that the price of broadband with no bundle is considerably dearer than a bundled deal?

Although I eventually found the prices, thanks to The Cush, I am still puzzled by the fact that the prices are not displayed on the website along with the other offerings.
    "it would be difficult to display on webpages." .....  this does not make any sense.

The only way to get to the prices is to go through two different web pages ........  the prices are essentially hidden ......  why?
    Sorry Johnyboy1951
    I did not mean to say it would be difficult to display this on website, what I intended to say was that is would be difficult to display all of the two pages of prices on an easy to read webpage.
    Yes in most cases our bundles are created to offer savings on various stand alone prices.
    Tony

Tony

Sorry Johnyboy1951
    I did not mean to say it would be difficult to display this on website, what I intended to say was that is would be difficult to display all of the two pages of prices on an easy to read webpage.
    Yes in most cases our bundles are created to offer savings on various stand alone prices.
    Tony
    OK, can you pass on a request to whoever administers the information provided to potential customers, that they include the unbundled broadband price on the website, along with the bundled prices?

At least this much rather than a circuitous route of links that one has to follow to find the information!

Tony

Sorry Johnyboy1951
    Tony
    OK, can you pass on a request to whoever administers the information provided to potential customers, that they include the unbundled broadband price on the website, along with the bundled prices?

At least this much rather than a circuitous route of links that one has to follow to find the information!
    I certainly will the cush.
    Tony

Advertisement