Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Awkward End to a great Night

• 18-09-2015 9:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

This is definitely a trivial matter compared to a lot of the problems people have here but I'd love some advice. Basically I went on a date with this guy we had dinner, went for a few drinks and had a great time. We got on really well, laughed a lot, there were some awkward silences but i guess that's to be expected on a first date.

At the end of the night we headed home and he offered to walk me right to my house and I basically said no no don't worry, it's only 2 minutes. We then proceeded to say a very awkward goodbye, no kiss no hug but we both almost leaned in then didn't and kind of stood there awkwardly before saying goodbye properly.

I'm just wondering what I should do next!! I feel like I should have kissed him, I just panicked and didn't. Is this the stupidest thing to be worried about and be overthinking or is it a sign that he's just not that attracted to me?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

My first date with my current gf ended pretty similar too, we got to the end of drinks and even though we clicked great during the date the "what next" factor caused a awkwardly brisk goodbye.

Kinda hemmed and hawed about texting her again to be honest and it would have been a massive mistake if I didn't because 8 months later we're still together and pretty damn happy😊.

You should text him back saying you really enjoyed the date and look forward to seeing him again. The small awkwardness can often be good sign, means you both care enough to be a bit nervous, and as you say first dates are tough. So yeah hit him with a lot of positivity and indirect reassurance that you guys got on great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭OneOfThem

It sounds to me like he just wasn't sure where he stood due to you declining the offer to walk you home, so didn't feel comfortable giving you a kiss when you parted ways.

So you were both in the same position, wanted to kiss, but not sure if the other would reciprocate, so it just didn't happen. Probably dozens of first dates ending the exact same way round the country at that moment, can happen. Definitely doesn't sound like he just wasn't attracted to you.

Same thing happened on my second date with my current gf (wed actually kissed and I'd stayed over at hers on the first). Walked out of the pub and I said I'd walk her home, and she said "no its fine, it's not far" so I took that as possibly a lack of interest so just ended up giving her a peck on the cheek when we parted. She must have picked up on that as she sent me a text later saying she had a really good time and she hoped I didn't read anything into her refusing the offer to walk her home. Which was great to hear.

Like David says, I'd send him a text just saying you had a great time, can't wait to do it again etc, just letting him know you are interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Send him a text telling him you had a great night and ask him out again yourself. Sorted :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Definitely text him and try to arrange another date.

After a first date (and even some intimate action back at my place :o ), I got a pat on the back from a lad before he left. That's right - a pat on the back.

We're getting married in 11 months and our second baby is due in November ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 loulou87

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Definitely text him and try to arrange another date.

After a first date (and even some intimate action back at my place :o ), I got a pat on the back from a lad before he left. That's right - a pat on the back.

We're getting married in 11 months and our second baby is due in November ;)

Ditto!

• Advertisement
Advertisement