Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Future of Chrome OS

Options
  • 18-09-2015 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Anyone have a chromebook that seemed to be a great idea at the time that they came out?
    Now I have to say for some browsing and boards etc. its grand and there are occasional updates for it with no real changes to the user interface or anything that really makes it any sort of a competitor to Windows or Mac.

Have Google set out at all where they see themselves attacking any sort of market? Their apps are still weak. There was a big push to get android apps working on chrome os but as of still there is a very limited number and those apps are basic and really not needed.

Fair enough the chromebook models are getting better guts as time goes by, you can get 32gb SSDs now coupled with i5s etc but what is the point when there is literally nothing to utilise these?

I am here trying to decide between windows or mac for a high end laptop and it just led me to ask a few questions of the chromebook I am searching on that took off so good and they just went stale.

Gaz

Advertisement