Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Purchase online

Options
  • 18-09-2015 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭

I bought cannondale cycling shoe covers off this website in June http://www.cyclingcloth.co.uk and have not received them. I have contacted them numerous times by email about it but they refuse to respond to me and they have taken £30.00 off me without providing me with them. I have heard once from them in July and they said that there was a problem with their webpage but they would ship orders within 3 days but it's now September, and I still haven't received them. I cannot contact them by phone because they don't have any number provided on the website.

What can I do next?

Regards,

Amprodude

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,038 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Did you pay directly by credit card (to them, not paypal or another intermediate)? If so, initiate a chargeback with your card issuer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

L1011 wrote: »
    Did you pay directly by credit card (to them, not paypal or another intermediate)? If so, initiate a chargeback with your card issuer.

I must check back and see but i definitely didn't pay by palpal. It was with either my debit or credit card.

L1011 wrote: »

Will my bank do this without issues? I have a receipt online from that website still saying package pending.

Amprodude wrote: »
    I must check back and see but i definitely didn't pay by palpal. It was with either my debit or credit card.

It was a credit card I used.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,038 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Will my bank do this without issues? I have a receipt online from that website still saying package pending.

They may try give you some guff initially (lots of call centre staff seem to be told to try refuse them which is ridiculous as its the overall issuer - Visa/Mastercard - who are the insured party) but just emphasise that it was never delivered and there is no contact from the supplier.

They shouldn't need screenshots, etc - don't even mention them. Just simply state something was ordered and never delivered and they're not replying.

Debit cards actually have the same protection (when issued) in Ireland - they don't when issued in the UK.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭Spocker

Contact the European Consumer Centre in Ireland (http://www.eccireland.ie/) who can help with cross border consumer issues like this.

They have a corresponding office in the UK, who can approach the retailer for delivery/refund on your behalf

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

The website shows the address only as "China" and the domain is registered to a guy at a semi-d in a nice looking area of Gillingham UK. He has at least one other domain (unrelated to clothing) to his name so it looks like he's a sole trader operating from home.
    I'd go with the chargeback route but if you wish you could have a chat with his local trading standards office.

slimjimmc wrote: »
    The website shows the address only as "China" and the domain is registered to a guy at a semi-d in a nice looking area of Gillingham UK. He has at least one other domain (unrelated to clothing) to his name so it looks like he's a sole trader operating from home.
    I'd go with the chargeback route but if you wish you could have a chat with his local trading standards office.

Why isn't he responding? Obviously he must be a dodgy trader, if he isn't providing an address or contact number?

slimjimmc wrote: »

Would it be worth saying it to the trading standards office? I have never experienced anything like this before with regards a trader like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Why isn't he responding? Obviously he must be a dodgy trader, if he isn't providing an address or contact number?

Not necessarily, might be just incompetent or useless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Lack of contact details is suspicious but doesn't make it dodgy. There are lots of perfectly innocent reasons for not responding, eg illness, family circumstances, out of business.
    Would it be worth saying it to the trading standards office? I have never experienced anything like this before with regards a trader like this.
    Your primary concern is getting your money back so a chargeback is your best option. The only benefit in getting Trading Stds involved would be knowing that any complaint and allegations would likely be investigated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Have a look at the site.

It is only half built. Did you check the 'Customer Service' or 'Terms & Conditions' sections of the website before ordering? Have a look at the 'About Us' section. They do replica kit, it is not brand kit or quality, that is why it is cheap. Get a chargeback ASAP.

Do a little homework on the site before ordering, home page looks good and people are easily lured in.

AKW wrote: »
    Have a look at the site.

It is only half built. Did you check the 'Customer Service' or 'Terms & Conditions' sections of the website before ordering? Have a look at the 'About Us' section. They do replica kit, it is not brand kit or quality, that is why it is cheap. Get a chargeback ASAP.

Do a little homework on the site before ordering, home page looks good and people are easily lured in.

My fault totally. Lesson learned. Will try and get a chargeback as soon as possible.

Advertisement