Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordering Parts

Options
  • 18-09-2015 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hey,

Im soon going to be purchasing a new build and Ive noticed the American sites seem to be the cheapest when it comes to parts by a large margin so is there anything I should consider before ordering from the US?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Yes, you'll be hit with import charges and vat for buying from outside the EU which will most likely remove any saving you make.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Don't even bother. Vat, Customs, and the fact that you've no warranty for the most part = zero sense ordering from the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Jjnotsure

Alright thanks I thought theres was something like that,

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I know it is really annoying how cheap they can get parts for.

If only UK had euros we would be in a better buying position as they do have great deals on but exchange rates are atrocious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

Ive a mate in Chicago over n back every second week, I could order via newegg to his house, worth it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Chorcai wrote: »
    Ive a mate in Chicago over n back every second week, I could order via newegg to his house, worth it?

Well he could bring parts back a few at a time. I'd say they would be asking questions if he had a tonne of parts in his suitcase. You would save a fair bit of money buying from America.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I believe there's a limit to what he can carry in one go, but if you're willing to wait a few weeks then yes, that would be an incredible saving

Advertisement