Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 6 Matchday Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Invincible wrote: »
    55 pts after bonus with Redmond left.
    Up from 143k to 36k

36k! OK you can be on my team :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

km79 wrote: »
    36k! OK you can be on my team :D

That's what 296 pts gets ya tonight :)
    It's a good team to be on! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

6 figure overall rank for first time this year!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Anybody know what the story was with Muniesa...was he dropped or was it an injury?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

60 all out, up from 1.3mil to 370k, will drop back after all games of course but still happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

iroced wrote: »
    Should have had the gut to captain Mahrez... But glad I didn't give in to Kolarov's appeal. Now let's hope Agüero repays the faith vs his preferred team next week!

41 with 1 to go. Looks so so...

My 44 post bonus fired me up to 55k :eek:...

Average is only 29 :eek:...

I see that as a very bad sign since my 2 best scorers (Mahrez & Agüero) are owned by 47% & 32% managers respectively. I just have Myhill & Wilson with 7 pts as "differentials". My 6 other players only returned 9 pts.
    My take on that is most managers have 2 to 3 players featuring tomorrow. I'm gonna need a mare from both 'Pool & United not to fall behind too much tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Anybody know what the story was with Muniesa...was he dropped or was it an injury?

Assuming dropped since he was on bench

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

My 44 post bonus fired me up to 55k :eek:...

Average is only 29 :eek:...

I see that as a very bad sign since my 2 best scorers (Mahrez & Agüero) are owned by 47% & 32% managers respectively. I just have Myhill & Wilson with 7 pts as "differentials". My 6 other players only returned 9 pts.
    My take on that is most managers have 2 to 3 players featuring tomorrow. I'm gonna need a mare from both 'Pool & United not to fall behind too much tomorrow.

Wilson isn't really a differential either. 44 will be average unless Tekkers lights up the place. Not too many other dangerous, high ownerships. Might be some jammy autosubs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Invincible wrote: »
    That's what 296 pts gets ya tonight :)
    It's a good team to be on! :)

I'm on 289 and am at 64k. So 7 points is worth 30k places!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

60 took me from 300 to 45k....madness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Living in fear of Benteke tomorrow, it'll be tough viewing.

was on bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Living in fear of Benteke tomorrow, it'll be tough viewing.

Watch the all Ireland instead :)

Lemlin wrote: »

Yes and 300 gets you 25.9k !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

In successive gameweeks, I've dropped from 2.1 million, to 1.4 million and now am just under 400K :) Big turnaround for my season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Lemlin wrote: »

Im on 288 and am at 66,752

I put Payet in for him last week so that worked out. But forgot to change team.

Worked out again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Ah FFS, just watching MOTD... That Richards goal would have made a massive difference for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Wilson isn't really a differential either. 44 will be average unless Tekkers lights up the place. Not too many other dangerous, high ownerships. Might be some jammy autosubs
    Ah yeah you're right he's owned by 28% managers (*) (I thought I had read 13%).

Anyway, don't get me wrong, I thought I was having a dreadful GW (it still may be the case tomorrow eve :o) so quite couldn't believe it when I saw my green arrow up to 55k!

---
    (*). Have a spelling question that keeps annoying me here. Do you say 20% managers or 20% of managers ?

• Advertisement

Ah yeah you're right he's owned by 28% managers (*) (I thought I had read 13%).

Anyway, don't get me wrong, I thought I was having a dreadful GW (it still may be the case tomorrow eve :o) so quite couldn't believe it when I saw my green arrow up to 55k!

---
    (*). Have a spelling question that keeps annoying me here. Do you say 20% managers or 20% of managers ?

20% of managers :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Phew. Near the end of motd i was thinking i was having a disaster week. Then heros stepped up in the last 2 games. Well done Myhill and Naughton (silenced the doubters :)).

How did Yaya not get at least one goal!

49 from 10 and a big jump to 170k but Benteke will smash me tomorrow. Gomez to play, but quite possibly Souare by the looks of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

53pts sees me rise a mammoth almost 850k places to 642k. Good god. Just shows how tightly packed things are. Tekkers(c) and Gomez(who I think will play) left to play. Souare first def sub if Gomez misses out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Wow, my 41(-4) bumped me 55k places, from 227k to 172k. I was actually anticipating a small drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

56 Pts from 10, with Darmien to play tomorrow, delighted with the 56, just hoping Benteke doesn't do damage tomorrow

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

49 points halves my OR and leaves me at 600k. Have 5 points coming off the bench and Gomez and Hoolahan left to go.

Was at 2.3m after GW4, amazing what 2 good weeks can do given the results so far.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Hoping for a Gomez goal/assist and then for Wessi to go absolutely nuts

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭My Darling Clementine

Anyone know if Joe Gomez or Matt Targett will start today?

Anyone know if Joe Gomez or Matt Targett will start today?

Brendan Rogers probably knows about Gomez but don't think he posts here

In other news United to win 4-0 would be very nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

My 34 has seen a tiny rise today. However, I expect BAD things from today so I'm going out for the day and not looking at the scores till I come back.

I'm pretty much the only person without a Liverpool defender of mignolet in top half of my league and a fair few have benteke as well.........
    also finally seen the butland assist! Morgan clearly kicked it can't believe it was given

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

On 45 with Martin and chadli to go. Does anybody know if you automatically get your all out attack chip if only 2 defs play.

On 45 with Martin and chadli to go. Does anybody know if you automatically get your all out attack chip if only 2 defs play.

fairly certain you dont

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

No. I thought that would be fairly obvious no?:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

The average team has 7 played. 4 to go and 11.4% Benteke captained.

Having gone up from 400k to 170 i expect to go dramatically back to where i started today with just Gomez.

That Liverpool leaked team is bizarre. I know that lad is always right but starting Sturridge without having had a minute of competitive ball under his belt would be nuts and a sign BR is losing the plot imo. They should be expecting to beat Norwich comfortably without rushing back a guy who's been out this long. Its not as if its a huge crunch game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

CSF wrote: »
    Even more surprised by my moving up to 134k. Guess that reflects that this was less of a week for the casuals. I still have 4 to play so I could move up a lot if the day goes well.

The fact that I rose 100k overall, and rose in all my mini leagues except boards and FFS ones says a lot about the type of player who had a good day yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Well, that game was unbelievable :D

I hope more will jump on the Ighalo train here. He's some finisher! Moved up to 150k from 290k with 44 points. Gomez and Ruddy to play today so expecting to fall back a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

As well as that you'd expect a mole in the Liverpool camp to be tossed out fairly lively, you wouldn't get that with Finn Harps:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

FHFC wrote: »
    The average team has 7 played. 4 to go and 11.4% Benteke captained.

Having gone up from 400k to 170 i expect to go dramatically back to where i started today with just Gomez.

That Liverpool leaked team is bizarre. I know that lad is always right but starting Sturridge without having had a minute of competitive ball under his belt would be nuts and a sign BR is losing the plot imo. They should be expecting to beat Norwich comfortably without rushing back a guy who's been out this long. Its not as if its a huge crunch game.

I'll be amazed if it's the correct team. With Sturrudge's problems, it'd been downright irresponsible of BR, if nothing else, to rush him back.

As well as that you'd expect a mole in the Liverpool camp to be tossed out fairly lively, you wouldn't get that with Finn Harps:confused:

Best way of finding out the culprit though - if you think it's one of say 4 people tell each a different starting team, I.e one with Gomez and struiddge starting etc and should be able to find the mole easy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Best way of finding out the culprit though - if you think it's one of say 4 people tell each a different starting team, I.e one with Gomez and struiddge starting etc and should be able to find the mole easy

Doesn't work so well here though. There'll have been extreme detail put into the preparation for this game based on the starting lineup.

Last season people knew the Liverpool team frequently based on the bib theory, which was also due to the early match preparation.

Do you sacrifice your preferred match preparation to keep the team secret? I know Mourinho is excellent at keeping his team news secret but I don't really know what the trick to that is other than having trustworthy people around you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

42 points with Fletcher's 3 to come in along with Ruddy, Pelle and Gomez or Huth's 1 point.

I broke 7 digits though and sit at 855k. Ruddy to pull a rabbit out of the hat against Bentekerrs today would be glorious. He owes me. Not that I'm too hopeful mind :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Thank me later lads. As soon as I put Hazard on the bench he goes and scores. Took one for the Boards team!

I'm on 50 at the moment with Rojo, Redmond and Martin to play.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Thank me later lads. As soon as I put Hazard on the bench he goes and scores. Took one for the Boards team!

I'm on 50 at the moment with Rojo, Redmond and Martin to play.

Who did you play instead of him? Wouldn't have thought of Hazard as the benching type, very much play or sell.

CSF wrote: »
    Who did you play instead of him? Wouldn't have thought of Hazard as the benching type, very much play or sell.

I've had him all season - took a chance and dropped Payet in against City away instead of Hazard, so it only half-backfired really. :)

I've uploaded a SS of my team in case you're curious.

I've had him all season - took a chance and dropped Payet in against City away instead of Hazard, so it only half-backfired really. :)

That's the best bench I've ever seen, Sanchez, Hazard and Gomez (who may well play at home to Norwich)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Finished up on 41 with 3 left to play.

That said they are all United players. Depay, Darmain and DeGea

i know i'm doing crap this season, but i wouldn't have benched the 2 norwich lads ahead of Sanchez and Hazard.

I think the Martin and Redmond ships have already set sail and won't be doing much again lately, Norwich aren't great for keeping CS.

42 points with Fletcher's 3 to come in along with Ruddy, Pelle and Gomez or Huth's 1 point.

I broke 7 digits though and sit at 855k. Ruddy to pull a rabbit out of the hat against Bentekerrs today would be glorious. He owes me. Not that I'm too hopeful mind :pac:

I've also gone into six figures, up to 600k (from 1.4m) with Benteke and Skertl to play today, brought Skertl in as a two week punt knowing my wildcard was gonna be used soon.

On the wildcard since last night.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    i know i'm doing crap this season, but i would have benched the 2 norwich lads ahead of Sanchez and Hazard.

I thought the Arsenal Chelsea game would be a 0-0 waste of 90mins so benched both of them.

Martin and Redmond are both goal threats which (up until yesterday) Sanchez and Hazard were not! :cool:

• Advertisement

Redmond ahead of Hazard this week?

Advertisement