Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reconnecting in rented property

Options
  • 19-09-2015 8:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hello,
    I'm renting a prefab cabin where the power has been switched off due to previous tenant not paying their bills.
    Can the service be reconnected for me as a new customer?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi f3nol,

Thanks for your message.

It is possible to have the power reconnected if you are new to the property. Each account must be assessed individually to determine if any special criteria must be met to facilitate a reconnection. These could include providing a lease agreement, a security deposit, and/or confirmation from our Credit Control department that reconnection is available.

If you would like us to investigate this for you could you please provide us with the following details by private message?
    • Your full name;
    • Your account number (if you previously had an Electric Ireland account);
    • Your address;
    • Your contact number and date of birth;
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient, and only required if you previously had an Electric Ireland account);
    • The MPRN of the property;
    • The date you moved into the property; And
    • The meter reading

We can then look into your query for you.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

• Registered Users Posts: 7 f3nol

Hi f3nol,

Thanks for your message.

It is possible to have the power reconnected if you are new to the property. Each account must be assessed individually to determine if any special criteria must be met to facilitate a reconnection. These could include providing a lease agreement, a security deposit, and/or confirmation from our Credit Control department that reconnection is available.

If you would like us to investigate this for you could you please provide us with the following details by private message?
    • Your full name;
    • Your account number (if you previously had an Electric Ireland account);
    • Your address;
    • Your contact number and date of birth;
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient, and only required if you previously had an Electric Ireland account);
    • The MPRN of the property;
    • The date you moved into the property; And
    • The meter reading

[*]

We can then look into your query for you.

Thanks,
    Brige

________
    [*]
    Hello Brige

Sorry for late reply and thanks for all the info. I passed it on to my landlord and he is looking into the matter now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi f3nol,
    f3nol wrote:
    Sorry for late reply and thanks for all the info. I passed it on to my landlord and he is looking into the matter now.

No problem at all - thanks for letting us know.

If there's anything else we can help you with please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    David

Advertisement