Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone buy a Japanese ps4 to use over here in Ireland?

Options
  • 19-09-2015 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

I've read that the ps4 is region free and can handle voltages from Japan and Ireland but was just wondering if anyone has bought one and if there are any pitfalls that I haven't come across. I really want to get a limited edition one thats only released in Japan. I'm thinking of play-asia to get it but I'll probably be crucified with customs tax will I?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

breadbin wrote: »
    I've read that the ps4 is region free and can handle voltages from Japan and Ireland but was just wondering if anyone has bought one and if there are any pitfalls that I haven't come across. I really want to get a limited edition one thats only released in Japan. I'm thinking of play-asia to get it but I'll probably be crucified with customs tax will I?

One thing to keep in mind is that while it is region free for games, it'll be locked to the Japanese region for blu ray and DVD playback.

Advertisement