Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apartment car park - commercial vehicles

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,536 ✭✭✭✭ted1

athtrasna wrote: »
    I don't know whether it's cosmetic (like the ban on satellite dishes on the front of dwellings) or health and safety wise.

In the case of my development it's definitely in the planning permission and it's health and safety/practical. The parking spaces are close together and car length, a van or the like would overhang and dangerously obscure visibility. If the spaces were bigger the road through the development would be too narrow, the developer would have needed more land.

A panel van like a corsa/ fiesta etc are taxed commercially. Your talking nonsense as regards health and safety.
    And I suspect that your getting Planning permission and management agent rules mixed up

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

ted1 wrote: »
    An ambulance isn't a commercial vehicle, like wise a transit van that is taxed privately is not a commercial vehicle.

A private company vehicle, such as a private ambulance, would be a commercial vehicle. Of course, only the OP can clarify the tax situation of the vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

Each apartment get one vehicle space , so that's one space for you. Visitor spaces are for visitors, i.e. people who visit, then leave, freeing up the space . Why should you be entitled to two spaces. Or am i missing something here ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

Paulw wrote: »
    A private company vehicle, such as a private ambulance, would be a commercial vehicle. Of course, only the OP can clarify the tax situation of the vehicle.

the tax decides if it is a commercial vehicle.

the tax decides if it is a commercial vehicle.

That's exactly what I said earlier.

• Advertisement

So your saying that a BMW 3 series/ Passat/ mondeo are commercial vehicles there the car of choice of salesmen around the country and are owned by companies

That's exactly what I said earlier.

no you didnt.
    A private company vehicle, such as a private ambulance, would be a commercial vehicle.
    not necessarilly.You wrongly defined a commercial vehicle as above without checking the tax on it.

bmm wrote: »
    Each apartment get one vehicle space , so that's one space for you. Visitor spaces are for visitors, i.e. people who visit, then leave, freeing up the space . Why should you be entitled to two spaces. Or am i missing something here ?

The op mentioned that it's common for people in the complex with two cars to use them so it's not just them using the spaces.

The op mentioned that it's common for people in the complex with two cars to use them so it's not just them using the spaces.

I think the issue is that the car has stickers staing its an ambulance as opposed to the other cars parked there

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Nichard Dixon

If someone has a company car, which they also use privately, then the total number of cars is the same. If someone drives home a van which they do not use privately then the number of vehicles is doubled and in effect that company is using the visitor space to park its vehicle. This might be quite nuanced, a simple ban on company vehicles does the trick.

• Advertisement

If someone has a company car, which they also use privately, then the total number of cars is the same. If someone drives home a van which they do not use privately then the number of vehicles is doubled and in effect that company is using the visitor space to park its vehicle. This might be quite nuanced, a simple ban on company vehicles does the trick.

your logic is very flawed, what makes you think they have a second vehicle? enforcement of visitor spaces is all thats needed.
    someone with a company car is jyst as likely to have a2nd car, i had a second car when i had a company car but dudnt when i git a caddy van ( my hobbies needed a large boot that the compnsny car didnt have)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

This sort of nonsense would hurt your head. Where do they expert residents who have a commercial vehicle for work to park it. They shouldn't be allowed put such crazy rules in place. It's a major deal for someone who uses one for work and it's totally unfair on them.

In our development- residents rent secure parking in a car park across the road- which is privately owned and not associated with the development- for parking commercial vehicles.

Our block insurance allowances periodic visits by commercial vehicles- but not overnight parking etc- it was also a condition of planning that minimal parking spaces for residents and visitors of noted nature be provided (it actually specifies the types of vehicles that can be parked in the complex on other than an occasional basis- and we copied and pasted this into people's 900 year leases- though thanks for the developer we have a few anamolies- that shouldn't be allowed, that legally we have some issues with.

no you didnt.

Try reading the whole thread rather than just one post - :rolleyes:
    A vehicle is either private or commercial. It's not the use of the vehicle, but rather the classification and tax.

The situation is simple. The OP can query the parking situation with their landlord/estate agent. But, ultimately they are only tenants so need to abide by the regulations and rules for parking in the development. If there is a clause that says no commercial vehicles, and the ambulance is a commercial vehicle, then they are not permitted to park it there. Just because this clause was never enforced before makes no difference.

The OP should quickly look for alternate parking facilities/locations.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement