Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forza Motorsport 6 discussion thread

Options
  • 19-09-2015 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭

Picked up a copy in Argos a few days ago for the reasonable price of 59.99

Have to say that I am really enjoying it so far :D

Been a fan since the first one on original xbox, still have it too :)

Anyone else enjoying Forza 6?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Yeah I'm really enjoying it too, a lot more than Forza 5.

Don't forget to claim your free in game monies and rewards from the Forza Hub app on the Xbox :)

** P.S Maybe a mod can rename this to Forza Motorsport 6 for a discussion thread or something. (I don't see one elsewhere)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

How does it compare to Forza 5, in relation to the myriad of paid for content that 5 asked of players...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Myrddin wrote: »
    How does it compare to Forza 5, in relation to the myriad of paid for content that 5 asked of players...

The developers have really taken a different path this time.I think they have listened to the players.

Forza 5 looks like a beta compared to 6.

Tons of content from the get go and a lot of improvements and enhancements to game play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Good to hear. I was a big fan of Forza 4, but am struggling to feel anything more than 'meh' for Forza 5...it's very limited & repetitive

Myrddin wrote: »
    Good to hear. I was a big fan of Forza 4, but am struggling to feel anything more than 'meh' for Forza 5...it's very limited & repetitive

This is closer to Forza 4 than 5. I loved 4 too and I was delighted to see the game taking this direction too.

Just Hammond and May this time though :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

MOD NOTE:

Title changed as requested.

CIAB

I'm still enjoying Forza Horizon 2, so it may be some time before I get around to playing this.

Has anyone tried beating Grosjean's time on Spa in the Lotus E23? It's 1 of the monthly challenges. Easily beat Phil Spencers on the first lap :D

Spins from horizon 2 are in 6 but the payouts are better.

The mod feature is quite an innovative addition too.

Was having a race in Formula 'E' earlier and definitely think it should be just called Scalextric class :D whirring your way around the track.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Picked it up yesterday, delighted it's a dull day today! Gives me the perfect excuse to sit on the couch all day.

Loving it so far, but the wet tracks are seriously hard! I have the other drivers set to highly skilled in dry tracks bit have to drop it to average on the wet tracks!

Gamertag is GrahamB18C if anyone wants to add me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

I've been playing it now for the last week and i have to say Turn 10 have put together one hell of a racing game. It looks fantastic and drives brilliantly. The night racing, the wet racing and the showcase events add some variety to the racing that was sorely lacking in FM5

One piece of advice, if you're fing the cars a bit twitchy. Change the steering dead zone in the options it's set at default to around 25%. I set mine to zero as it allows for really fine adjustments mid corner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,972 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Hopefully my copy will arrive in the post tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

I just bought this today because of the posts in here, only played 2 tracks.
    Fecking hell its hard,if you go on the grass you may as well forget about it,dreading the wet tracks!
    But its the way it should be,think before the corner .
    Don't ask me which one I bought... Crazy money, so I'm gonna put the hours in on this one

deco nate wrote: »
    I just bought this today because of the posts in here, only played 2 tracks.
    Fecking hell its hard,if you go on the grass you may as well forget about it,dreading the wet tracks!
    But its the way it should be,think before the corner .
    Don't ask me which one I bought... Crazy money, so I'm gonna put the hours in on this one

Glad you are enjoying it :) it's not that hard once you used to thinking before you brake, turn, manoeuvre. It's a breath of fresh air from driving games where you can accelerate, brake, etc. And still fly along like your on rails :D

Driving in the wet feels a lot more like driving in the wet than any other game I've played so far too.

Enjoy it :)

amadablam wrote: »
    Glad you are enjoying it :) it's not that hard once you used to thinking before you brake, turn, manoeuvre. It's a breath of fresh air from driving games where you can accelerate, brake, etc. And still fly along like your on rails :D

Driving in the wet feels a lot more like driving in the wet than any other game I've played so far too.

Enjoy it :)
    Ah yes,that's the thing.even in 5 going on the grass wasn't a problem, but now it's a hole new game, and one I have to remember not to try to take a short cut/cheap shot :)

I haven't liked a driving game for a long time cos of fake stuff,but this one makes you try harder,and that can only be a good thing, bar the muppets online, so in saying that...how about a boards
    Online race in a week or 2.
    To give people time to get use to the game?anyone??

how about a boards
    Online race in a week or 2.
    To give people time to get use to the game?anyone??

I'm an anti-social bástard but ok if there's a few of us I'm in, if I'm available. :p

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I'm an anti-social bástard but ok if there's a few of us I'm in, if I'm available. :p
    Oh I am too!but for a laugh. Just to add, maybe invite non boards mates too to make up a full lobby, ie no dicks allowed
    But good banter :) it would be good to hear yer all talking bs,just like I do

It would have to be Friday, or better if it was a Saturday tbh

But good banter :) it would be good to hear yer all talking bs,just like I do

Im a bit like the Stig, I don't speak :D that's where the similarities end though :D Im not as good at driving as he is :D

Im a bit like the Stig, I don't speak :D that's where the similarities end though :D
    Ah,we have to put your skills to the test so... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

played the demo and loved it..the cars handled so differently in the wet conditions,shame i cant afford to get this game yet

you lucky b*stards

Added a few bordsies to my friends list, I notice Miskyboyy popping up a lot as my rival. I just cannot beat you in the F1 challange! That sweeping second turn just kills any speed I have.

Doing the showcase races a bit today, the high speed chase ones are kinda easy but super fun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭5T3PH3N

Is this only out on the newer Xbox?

5T3PH3N wrote: »
    Is this only out on the newer Xbox?

As far as I can remember, it's not planned for a release on the 360 at present.

Added a few bordsies to my friends list, I notice Miskyboyy popping up a lot as my rival. I just cannot beat you in the F1 challange! That sweeping second turn just kills any speed I have.

Lol. Nice one, I must see if I can better my lap on there just to further piss you off haha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

My gamertag is LEGENDEIRE if you want to add me for Forza 6

Lol. Nice one, I must see if I can better my lap on there just to further piss you off haha :D

Haha you fecker, I just can't catch you on time to shine in that E23 :D

Haha you fecker, I just can't catch you on time to shine in that E23 :D

I'll be doing that one after work today so! Done the indie racing one yesterday and it popped up "you've just beat miskyboyy", it eased the pain left from the F1 challenge!

What do people have set as assists? I have abs on, TCS on, manual gears, and a few other bits. I think I get an additional 50% then I have the drivatars set to expert or the one before it. Really struggling to come 1st or second in the sunrise races (iI think it's sunrise, the one after the dark races) in a KTM X bow

I'll be doing that one after work today so! Done the indie racing one yesterday and it popped up "you've just beat miskyboyy", it eased the pain left from the F1 challenge!

The Bathurst challenge was it?

Checkmate :D

QL3Wian.png?1

What do people have set as assists? I have abs on, TCS on, manual gears, and a few other bits. I think I get an additional 50% then I have the drivatars set to expert or the one before it. Really struggling to come 1st or second in the sunrise races (iI think it's sunrise, the one after the dark races) in a KTM X bow

Yeah ABS on, TCS on, Manual With Clutch and use cockpit view 90% of the time.

If you check the leaderboards after each race you can see what assists etc. people have on. You can even check what tune ups the top people use if they're using an uploaded one.

The Bathurst challenge was it?

Checkmate :D

QL3Wian.png?1

Ah ha, I've only done 2 laps of it so I'd be entered into the competition! I'll be giving that a proper go after work now!

• Advertisement

2.23.56 :cool:

Although I do have traction and stability on

Edit, scratch that. Just discovered it was a dirty lap. Every time iI start a new lap it's dirty though. No matter how clean I finish the previous one. I'm getting too pissed off to keep trying now!

Advertisement