Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forza Motorsport 6 discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Just got 2:21.967 (clean) on Bathurst challenge with all assists turned off. Thanks to "Judge G" for nearly taking a year off my life with the stress trying to beat him :D

I'm sure he'll be back to further that score, or one of you guys to give me a taste of my own medicine :p

The leaderboards with guys getting 2:05 on this challenge tho, how the fúck :eek::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Just got 2:21.967 (clean) on Bathurst challenge with all assists turned off. Thanks to "Judge G" for nearly taking a year off my life with the stress trying to beat him :D

I'm sure he'll be back to further that score, or one of you guys to give me a taste of my own medicine :p

The leaderboards with guys getting 2:05 on this challenge tho, how the fúck :eek::confused:

Is it just the use of mods and drafting that gives you a dirty lap?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Done :D

Gizmo55 wrote: »

You beat it already, ah ffs lol :D

Try the F1 challenge whilst you're at it :cool:

amadablam wrote: »
    Is it just the use of mods and drafting that gives you a dirty lap?

Yeah I believe that's pretty much it apart from leaving the track or hitting off a wall.

The rivals mode there is nobody to draft & mods can't be used so it's just leaving the track/hitting a wall that makes it dirty for rivals.

Also, if you leave the track/hit a wall in the last 1 third of a lap or so then the next lap will automatically start as a dirty lap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Using the rewind thing makes it dirty too

• Registered Users Posts: 11,972 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

My Ten Year Anniversary copy arrived so I'm looking forward to playing it.

Your turn again ;) :pac:

Your turn again ;) :pac:

Yours now :)

Gizmo55 wrote:
    Yours now

This might go on for a while :P

• Advertisement

This might go on for a while :P

Or until the law of diminishing returns applies :D

Or until the law of diminishing returns applies :D

Or that, which will probably happen me first lol :p

Got nostalgic last night (actually went after some achievements :D) and turned on the 360 and Forza Horizon for a while....................How hard it is to go back after playing Forza 6 and Forza Horizon 2 on the Xbone!!

Anyone else ventured back to their Forza past recently? :D

Got nostalgic last night (actually went after some achievements :D) and turned on the 360 and Forza Horizon for a while....................How hard it is to go back after playing Forza 6 and Forza Horizon 2 on the Xbone!!

Anyone else ventured back to their Forza past recently? :D

Yeah I played Forza 4 recently. It felt strange without the rumble triggers.

Yours now :)

2:18? Nice one man

I went to try again but the challenge seems to be gone now :(

Time for you to do the F1 one now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

I bought Forza 6 during the week and have to say its great fun , I was thinking of buying a wheel and pedals for it but not sure what ones I want , Does anyone here use a wheel setup or are is it mostly pads being used ?

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

gizabeer wrote: »
    I bought Forza 6 during the week and have to say its great fun , I was thinking of buying a wheel and pedals for it but not sure what ones I want , Does anyone here use a wheel setup or are is it mostly pads being used ?

Using a pad for 6 myself, I have a fanatec csr set up for the 360 but unfortunately it doesn't work with the one.

If you are considering a wheel you have a choice of 5 or 6 at this stage depending on your budget. Theres a Ferrari wheel for around a hundred euros but I would avoid this as it has no force feed back.

From there you move up to around 300-400 for the Mad cats, thrustmaster 458 italia and the new Logitech g920 this range all have force feedback and come with pedals. The g920 is an update of the g27 one of the most popular wheels of the last generation.

And finally you have the Fanatec V2 base, xbox hub and wheel and for the Xbox one which if you include pedals and a shifter your looking at somewhere in the €1200 range. The big difference with Fanatec over the rest is the pedals, all metal construcion and the brakes on these have a load sensor. So its about how hard you push the pedal not how far it moves.

If you do decide on a wheel you really need to clamp or bolt it down to a desk or wheel stand. Because the force feedback motors are fairly strong in them, mine shakes the whole desk its bolted to so much when racing i had to put a stack of dvds under each side of my monitor to stop it wobbling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭wrt40

gizabeer wrote: »

Just got the Ferrari 458 Spider. Personally I wouldn't spend anymore than that on it. I don't care about lack of haptic feedback.

Can't fault the wheel, fantastic fun, really adds another dimension to the game. Takes a bit of getting used to though. It comes with a bolt for the wheel but the pedal board relies purely on rubber grips on the bottom. I have the wheel bolted to a high side table which works great but I need to do something with the pedals as they can move around. Works better on carpet. You need to position your heals properly so the weight of your feet keeps the pedals still, but in the heat of the moment the pedals can slip and that's you in the gravel.

I'm thinking of making some contraption with weights... not sure yet. Anyone any suggestions?

Logitech G Car Pack released:

Leading the pack is an ultimate track toy – the 2013 Caparo T1, which is just begging to tackle the circuits of Forza Motorsport 6.

In addition, we have four different eras of historic racing represented, with the 1939 Mercedes-Benz W154 (a pre-WWII Grand Prix champion), the 1967 Honda RA300 known as the “Hondola,” a turbocharged Nissan IMSA racer from the 1990s, and one of the latest Le Mans prototype cars.

The remaining cars of the pack offer equally unique driving experiences. The 1967 Volvo 123GT has its own on- and off-road race-bred roots and the 2013 Cadillac XTS Limousine – well, we know you’ll have fun with it.

One thing I learned about wet weather racing is to avoid the puddles.

• Advertisement

Jordan 191 wrote: »
    One thing I learned about wet weather racing is to avoid the puddles.

You must do all your daily driving/racing in the dry :D

CNuCw34WoAAIAYo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Game is a million miles better than 5, currently only half way through the first tier of races and moving to the rally day heroes one. Hot hatches was fun in an XR2.

Dat rain though..

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Aeghnor

Got it on Tuesday and played something like 20 hours and I have to say that I enjoy it a lot more then forza 5. Love wet racing but one whole series in a wet is a bit too much.

I think we should have a Boards.ie Racing League or some endurance racing... Nothing gets you going more than crashing and destroying your car or running out of fuel on a last lap of a 100 lap race. :D

Anyone know if Forza 6 has voice commands? Used them all the time in Horizons 2, feels naked without them.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Aeghnor

wrt40 wrote: »
    Anyone know if Forza 6 has voice commands? Used them all the time in Horizons 2, feels naked without them.

I don't think so... Tbh I don't see any point of voice commands in forza 6.

wrt40 wrote: »

Not that I've seen anyway. They're great in Horizon 2, but I never used them in Forza 5. afaik kinect was for head tracking and menus in that which I never used myself.

Is there a boards league out there? I'd set it up myself only I'm a very casual gamer so not really the right person for it. I'd defo dip in as much as I can if there was one though.

I'm racing through this game :)

Great game but finding the multiplayer is full of a-holes. Is there a reason why I am always connected to American servers? The constant abuse and talking rubbish is a head wreck. I started muting people but there are just too many at it. My xbox is definitely setup with Ireland as region. Finding the multiplayer races extremely frustrating. In the unlikely event that I survive the first corner pile up, I can actually do quite well, but usually there are a lot of arse holes out there who will take you out just for fun. There seems to be a trick where you can clip the back of someone and send them spinning while the perpetrator races on scott free. I like the collision free section but it's C or D class which gets boring quickly. Is there a way to filter by class and collision free races?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I am working like a muppet for ages and dont let to spend anything on my self lately. Today I have a day off and I said **** it. Picked it up just now. Looking forward to some Forza again.

Advertisement