Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forza Motorsport 6 discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well, I played a bit. Visually I would strugle to see any improvement over 5, but saying that, it is a much better game with way more content.

Driving in the rain is something completely different. Makes it so satisfying when you know the places of puddles on track and avoid them, but dravator opponent just yolos it in right after exiting a corner and ends up in a ditch. :) Plus it makes my mk1 mx5 pop up lights work! WOOT!

I know its not gamertag thread, but I would like to add some boardsies in to friends who play Forza. I dont want just to add pure random people from whole forum who play anything. I am getting tired being a dick to Miskys Dravator only. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I know its not gamertag thread, but I would like to add some boardsies in to friends who play Forza. I dont want just to add pure random people from whole forum who play anything. I am getting tired being a dick to Miskys Dravator only. :)

:pac:

I wouldn't say my drivatars too good is it, I've barely played the game lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    :pac:

I wouldn't say my drivatars too good is it, I've barely played the game lol

And the more you play it the worse your drivatar will get, hopefully;)
    p.s. I'm quite rubbish (my excuse is I just got it a few days ago) but feel free to add me for a few races. "downsman"

As someone who never played a Forza(was mainly PS until the One) but liked the realism of Gran Turismo how does this compare simulation wise?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Spent the last few days driving around the Nordschleife. It is an awesome track :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

As someone who never played a Forza(was mainly PS until the One) but liked the realism of Gran Turismo how does this compare simulation wise?.
    Wow, this kicks GT arse. Then does another lap.. And kicks it again!

Sony have got lazy, and that's not me just saying it, most games sites are saying it too.

Google it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

New car pack available tomorrow, including Sennas 1988 Mclaren MP4/4

Full list here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I was always GT player until I tried Forza 2 back in the day. Never got back to GT games properly after that, but still bought latest 5 and 6 to try out. Then quickly got back to Forza.

For me its a lot better and more fun. Major advantage of Forza series is its AI. In F5 and F6 they use dravators, which is pretty much AI built on players who play the game. In theory my Dravator will have similar driving behavour as I do. What this system does to a game, is makes it way more real. AI does mistakes, is aggressive, very lively. Where is in GT series it feels like racing robots, who start in same position and end in same position driving perfect race line and paying feck all attention to you.
    The night races and rain races in F6 are just fantastic. Watching AI dealing with it is even more fun.
    Like any console racing sim, its not a Sim. You only will get those on PC. On the other hand, this is a very enjoyable Simish racing game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

November update due, there's a free 2015 Nissan GTR La Mans racer and some minor bug fixes

Link and details

I am fond of my Class R Lexus LFA. Propelled me into the top 1% at Le Mans La Sarthe circuit in rivals.

• Advertisement

In an unexpected collaboration between Fallout 4 & Forza 6:

"Starting today, all Forza Motorsport 6 players will receive an exclusive Fallout 4-themed version of the 1956 Ford F100 in the game. With a retro-futuristic Vault-Tec theme, the Fallout 4 F100 will be sent to Forza 6 players in celebration of the upcoming Nov. 10 launch of Fallout 4 on Xbox One.

Also coming soon, for a limited time, all players of Fallout 4 on Xbox One will receive the super sleek Chryslus Rocket 69 coupe – the future of speed!"

Fallout4-F100_01_Forza6-940x528.jpg

Fallout4-F100_02_Forza6-940x528.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chriity139

Wish I had more time to play this with work and all the rest of my commitments. I'd say I have played about 10hrs in total but I love it

chriity139 wrote: »
    Wish I had more time to play this with work and all the rest of my commitments. I'd say I have played about 10hrs in total but I love it

young_adult_old_time_money_energy_comparison_2013-06-21.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chriity139

That's very good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,216 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Finally got round to starting to play this today.

In forza 5 when you completed a race (any race) it would give you the option of viewing the overall leaderboard and the challenging the driver above you - in a time trial type thing with their racer as a ghost. Only completed the qualifying races and then the first race of the street racer supersport class or something - but I don't see this option. I can view the leaderboard but can't see a way of challenging a racer above you and downloading their ghost to race against. Is this feature gone or am I just blind?

It was my favourite thing about Forza 5; i'd spend ages trying to shave time, lap after lap. Without this feature I'm not too arsed playing the game at all.

Finally got round to starting to play this today.

In forza 5 when you completed a race (any race) it would give you the option of viewing the overall leaderboard and the challenging the driver above you - in a time trial type thing with their racer as a ghost. Only completed the qualifying races and then the first race of the street racer supersport class or something - but I don't see this option. I can view the leaderboard but can't see a way of challenging a racer above you and downloading their ghost to race against. Is this feature gone or am I just blind?

It was my favourite thing about Forza 5; i'd spend ages trying to shave time, lap after lap. Without this feature I'm not too arsed playing the game at all.

Rivals mode obviously has the option to compete with your friends and other drivers with their ghost car. Can't remember seeing that option on finishing a race. I have to say Forza 6 feels like a far better game than 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Trying the second tier of races after completing the first tier. Jesus the first set of races (ultimate sports machine or something?) the cars are ridiculous, not a stitch of grip out of them at all, spent most of the race trying to keep em in a straight line.

You might need "TCS & STM" on and change the steering to normal until you get used to it. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

ShaunC wrote: »
    You might need "TCS & STM" on and change the steering to normal until you get used to it. ;)
    TCS and STM slow the car down massively, I just have ABS on, generally grand but because you can't add a decent set of tyres without going over the 660 limit they slip and slide all over the shop.

The SLK is the worst and it's constantly harassing me when I'm in a different car.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Upgraded my 360 to an Xbox1 after Christmas mainly for Forza. I'm loving it. Driver level is about 70. Up until yesterday I have always used A for Accelerator and X for Brake, I knew they weren't as good but its what I used a lot on older games and never bothered to change. Last night I took it upon myself to change over and use the Triggers for accelerator and brake. I also changed my assists and have taken pretty much everything off, I am only using rewind and I'm not using the Clutch, that may be next though. After and hour of practising on the Catalunya circuit I was pretty comfortable and felt a lot quicker, it takes a lot more concentration, especially with ABS off. I then tested myself on the Road Atlanta endurance race, Dodge Viper GT car, 40 laps and it was really enjoyable, more challenging but really, really good. I did have to use rewind a lot but I got the hang of it as the race progressed. Not sure I want to try it in the rain yet, I also did the Seibring 300 last week, 80 something laps in the rain, I don't want to see rain ever again after that race.

• Advertisement

Did anybody get the Manual Transmission Dare Mod at all? I want to pop the 'You Shouldn't' achievement and that mod is hard to find.

I entered a league tonight and my bum got a severe kicking in every race I took part in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

Anyone else use a racing wheel? I'd like to play a multiplayer match that takes actual skill instead of being rammed off at the first turn by children using assisted everything, every time.

Gamertag: AirBiscuit

AirBiscuit wrote:
    Anyone else use a racing wheel? I'd like to play a multiplayer match that takes actual skill instead of being rammed off at the first turn by children using assisted everything, every time.

That's the problem with every online racing game ever unless they set it to ghost only mode. It sucks.

AirBiscuit wrote:

That's the problem with every online racing game ever unless they set it to ghost only mode. It sucks.

I was racing in the 'S' category with ghost mode turned on. It's very very competitive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Just picked this up today, really enjoyable so far. Any tips for a novice?!!

I see a NASCAR expansion was released. Daytona 500 here I come \o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Bought this 2nd hand today, looking forward to giving it a good rattle later - enjoyed the free races I had when it was free to play the other week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Liamalone wrote: »
    Bought this 2nd hand today, looking forward to giving it a good rattle later - enjoyed the free races I had when it was free to play the other week!

Thread seems dead, but add me if you want. GT Fragile David1

Advertisement